Going to London

"Cassidy. Where the hell have you been?" Mom, who was trying to keep her cool, seethed.

"She's been with me." Duff piped up. Mom's angry glare shifted to Duff and her face morphed into a raged frown.

"And who are you?" Her jaw was clenched and her knuckles were white.

"Mom, this is Duff...my boyfriend." I weakly muttered. Mom scoffed which slowly became laughter, an evil laugh.

"You can't be serious. He looks like an outlaw, Cassidy." I had enough and I pushed passed her with Duff's hand still interlocked with mine.

"What're you doing?" Mom yelled up the stairs. Danny stayed at the bottom of the stairs.

"Mom, Cassidy is moving out. She's doing what she wants to do." Danny defended.

"Well when I let you do what you wanted to do, you went off with some band and came back with another outlaw looking guy." Danny's face boiled and that's when I continued walking up the stairs to my room.

I grabbed the suitcase that was in the back of my closet and pulled it out.

"Could you throw all of my clothes in here? I'll get my records." I told Duff. Duff nodded and grabbed handfuls of hangers that held my clothes and threw them into the suitcase. I grabbed my records and an old Tower Records bag and slid them inside.

"We have to hurry up, you're mom is getting louder." Duff reminded. I nodded and finished putting the countless records into the bag. Duff wasn't done with the clothes so I helped him.

"God dammit, why do I have so many clothes?!" I groaned. Duff lightly laughed and continued to throw the clothes into the suitcase.

After throwing the last shirt into the suitcase, I zipped it up and carried the heavy suitcase down the stairs.

"If your father was still alive, he'd be so disappointed with the both of you." Mom scolded with a cold voice. Danny rolled her eyes and crossed her arms.

"No, Mom. Dad would be proud of us because he wanted us to follow our dreams. I'm finally writing for Rolling Stone, and Cassidy doesn't really know what she wants to do. But let her be free." Danny spoke. Mom threw her hands up and stormed into the kitchen.

"Lets go." I whispered. We opened the door and walked out of my childhood home. I was so ready to leave, it was long overdue.

*****
Weeks later.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Duff. We were both in his backyard sitting on the grass. Just talking endlessly.

"Go for it." He threw a carrot into his mouth and chewed.

"Would you be okay with me going to college?" I twiddled my thumbs around and bit my lip.

"Of course. I'm just curious about what college it would be." He encouragingly smiled. I sighed and crossed my legs.

"It's in London." I quietly said. Duff choked on his beer.

"London? That's really far away." He whispered.

"I know. That's the one thing I haven't told you. I was accepted and I'm supposed to go there in August." I whispered. Duff's eyes almost fell out of his head.

"August?! It's the middle of July!" He choked out with disbelief. I nodded.

"I'm so sorry for not telling you, Duff." I muttered. Duff wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into him.

"It's okay. I'm gonna miss you tremendously." He whispered. He tenderly kissed my cheek.

"Me too." I almost cried out. I leaned my head into the crook of his neck and breathed in his scent.

"What're you studying?" I breathed in.

"Poetry and film." I looked at Duff and he smiled.

"You're so creative." He stated and I smiled. I leaned in and kissed him.

He pulled me onto his lap and kissed me deeper. He bit on my lower lip which made me moan quietly.

"I don't know if I can let you go so soon." He lightly chuckled. I laughed a hugged him.

"I don't know if I can go." I chuckled. I felt a tear try to leave my eye, but I desperately tried to blink it away.

"No. Cassidy you have to go. And when the year is over, you'll come back." He chided. I rested my forehead on his shoulder.

"The distance is so long." I groaned. The sky began to become darker and the stars started to shine.

"Here," Duff laid down and easily flipped me over so I can see the stars. "Look. You see the brightest star? That star can be seen in London too. Just at different times." He smiled. I laughed.

"Okay, okay. I'll go." I finally admitted.

*****
August 3rd.

"Okay. This is it." I choked out. I already said goodbye to the band, and Danny. Duff was just the last person. Duff pulled me into a hug and kissed my head.

"Call me when you get there." He whispered. I nodded and kissed him passionately.

"Last call for the flight to London, England." The intercom sounded. Duff pulled back.

"I love you." He smiled. He wiped the tears from my eyes.

"I love you too." I kissed him one last time and grabbed my bags. I ran off to the gate and gave him one last wave. He pulled on his aviators and waved back. He smirked and began to walk away. That was the last time I saw my Duff.

A/N- sorry for the short chapter. It's just that it was so emotional that it needed to end quickly lol.