Puppy Love and Parties

I sat on the couch at Duff's couch just aimlessly writing. Duff was out at the studio. He asked me if I wanted to come with, but after seeing Steven, it hurt me so I decided to stop going to the sessions.

I huffed out and decided to continue writing. I don't know what it'll turn into. A song? A poem? A love letter? Who the hell knows?

"You make me wanna be like one of those girls
On the color TV, it was a new world
The Dick van Dyke show, we're Cher and Bono
The way I sing "I Got You Babe", makes you say, "Oh, no."
Cause you are the class president without Jackie O
And I'm singing "Happy birthday" like Marilyn Monroe"

"Hey babe!" Duff yelled from the entrance. I slammed the notebook shut and went to go meet him.

"Hey baby." I nonchalantly answered. He smiled and hugged me.

"How was the studio?" I curiously asked. Duff took off his aviators and slipped them onto the collar of his Sex Pistols tshirt.

"Just fine. Steven seems to be almost sober." He smiled. I smiled back.

"That's good. I'd like to get to know him." I opened the fridge and grabbed a can of Coke.

"Well you're just in luck. We're all going to Slash's later." He leaned on the counter. I opened the can and took a sip.

"Okay. Is Danny gonna be there?" I asked.

"Most likely. I'm sure she moved on." He grabbed my forearm and pulled me to him. I nodded.

"I hope she has. That'll be extremely immature of her. I have and I'm younger." I chuckled. Duff kissed me softly then pulled away.

"And hotter." He added. I gasped and slapped him jokingly.

"Thank you." I winked.

*****
When we got to Slash's it wasn't like last time to say the least. There were a lot more people than usual. And people from bands that I never that I would actually meet.

Mötley Crüe was there, minus Nikki. Aerosmith, David Lee Roth, Poison, Skid Row,  just about every band from The Strip brought the party to Beverly Hills and dropped it at Slash's doorstep.

"I'll go get us some drinks." Duff yelled over the loud music. I nodded and went to go talk to Slash.

"Cassidy! What's up! Glad you could make it. This is Sebastian Bach from Skid Row." Sebastian stuck out his hand for me to shake. I coughed from shock and shook it.

"I'm Cassidy." I choked out. Duff came back and handed me a cup of what smelled like whiskey.

"Sebastian! What's up man?" Duff happily slapped him on the shoulder as they small talked. I looked around the house, people watching. Vince Neil was rubbing elbows with Kylie, Andy Blu and Tommy Lee were probably talking about drumming, and Bret Michaels was talking to Ryan and next to Ryan was Danny. Thank god she hasn't seen me yet.

"I see you've met my girlfriend?" Duff caught my attention and I was instantly back into the conversation.

"Yeah. She's nice." Sebastian complimented. I blushed and thanked him. I then zoned out again.

I looked over and Danny disappeared. Ryan was still there, but Danny wasn't. I thought nothing of it until I heard muffled screaming.

"Do you hear that?" I randomly asked Duff. Duff stopped talking and listened.

"What do you hear?" Duff asked.

"I hear screaming." I listened closer. It was coming from upstairs. I just took off and sprinted my way to the staircase and ran up.

"Check every room." I ordered. Slash and Sebastian looked in the guest rooms while Duff and I checked the master room.

"Cassidy! In here!" Slash yelled. I stopped and ran to the room where a random guy was on top of Danny.

Slash ripped the guy off of Danny and Sebastian ran to get Ryan from downstairs.

"Danny? Oh shit." I yelled. Danny was shivering and crying. I grabbed her a blanket and covered her up immediately. I heard Ryan yell from downstairs and stomp up the stairs. He busted through the door and into the room.

"You wanna touch my girlfriend? Huh? You little shit." Ryan yelled in his heavy British accent. When he's angry you could barely understand what he's saying because the full British comes out and he's raging.

Ryan picked the guy up from the collar and punched him square in the jaw. Ryan didn't stop until the guy was passed out.

Danny was crying into my shoulder as I tried to comfort her. Ryan came over and picked her up bridal style.

"I'm going to bring her to the hospital. Someone call the bloody police." He ordered.

"I already did." Vince said from the door. "They should be here soon." I thanked him and walked over to Duff. Kylie stood near Slash with a bottle of Jack Daniels in her hands.

"Why can't we just have a normal party?" She asked herself before she took a chug of the whiskey.

*****
"How're you doing, sis?" I asked when I entered her room quietly. She was laying in bed in a cocoon of blankets. I sat down on the bed and looked at her.

"Sore and depressed." She whispered. I held her hand and rubbed it.

"It's okay. The guy's in jail. No one knew who he was, he must've crashed the party." I filled her in. She nodded and closed her eyes.

"Cass, I'm sorry. Sorry for what I did back at Duff's. It's your life. You've stayed out of my business and I'll do the same for you. I'm happy for you and Duff." She whispered. I smiled and hugged her.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"The only person you're gonna have to talk to now is Mom." She reminded. I groaned.

"Ugh, I know. I want Duff and I to sneak into the house when she's not home and pack up all of my shit and get the hell out." I sighed. Danny sighed too.

"I know that seems the easy way out, but you probably have Mom worried sick." She reminded. I sat up.

"Could you probably come with? Just for support?" Danny nodded hesitantly.

"Fine." She sighed. I hugged her as she stood up.

*****
Duff held my hand and Danny knocked on the door. Mom opened the door. She literally didn't change. Her short brown hair was still in her pinup curls, her red lipstick was perfectly applied, and her French manicured nails made her look like a queen.

Mom's face dropped as she saw two of her daughters, and one of them holding a stranger's hand.