Chapter 1. {Neighbours}

I moved into a very new and unfamiliar neighbourhood of Bradford with my mother, Lucy Carter. I've never travelled from my old home in London, so this was a big change in scenery. I guess the new scenery would help the inspiration for my writing and poems that I do as a hobby. It was good to also be away from the old memories of London. My father passed away a few years ago. I did love him a lot but, he was a drunken that just made our lives miserable.

My mother and I lived together almost happily then one day, we had to move with her work. She was getting a promotion which we really needed because the money wasn’t amazing to live on in London, so Bradford would be better lifestyle for us.

I didn't mind the move. I wanted a fresh start, away from those bad memories. I didn’t have many friends back home so it wasn’t painful to go away, and family we didn’t along with or they had already passed away. It made the move so much easier to do.

The past made me who I was now, and I stand tall because of it.

"Okay sweetie. I want you to invite the opposite neighbours for dinner tonight. The lady there is named Patricia Malik, who is very nice. She used to work with me in London, and then she had to move her job to here in Bradford. She also has a son about your age too!" my mother informed me with an overexcited attitude. She always gets like that when she mentions boys around me. Something tells me she wants me to get a boyfriend sometime soon... ew?

We had just finished up packing everything and I was exhausted, looking like a mess. I wouldn’t usually care because no-one would see me in my own home but if I had to go out, I need to dress with effort.

"I thought we didn't want any males in our life any more, Mum?" I laughed.

"Yes but sweetie, he's not half bad looking!" she playfully winked at me hinting me in a weird way, which caused us both to burst out laughing.

I had my dark brown long wavy hair in a messy bun because I didn't want to put any effort in straightening it. My mother was blonde, with blue eyes so I didn't inherit any of her lovely looks. I was wearing scruffy ripped light blue denim shorts and a sleeveless dark pink and black chequered shirt, with the bottom bit tied into a bow. I pulled on my black converses before I headed out the door.

"My matchmaker mother." I shook my head at the thought, still smiling as I walked out the house.

I crossed the road to the house exactly opposite ours. Though it was across the road, it was still very close to us.

I reached the glossy white door and took a deep breath before I nervously knocked on it. A few seconds later I heard a deep voice yell from inside, "THE DOOR!!!"

Then a slightly higher voice, most probably belonging to a woman, yelled back, "GET IT THEN!!"

I heard the deep voice growl a bit which caused me to giggle and suddenly the door flung open, revealing a topless guy with black spiked hair that was sticking up in different directions, but it still looked good. He looked like one of those models you would see on the billboards—the ones that didn’t seem real, but he’s real. He’s very real actually.