Chapter 40. {Nikki}

[Nikki]

"So glad you could finally turn up. You took long enough!"

"I had school, Niall. I can't just drop out-"

"-Why not?! If you care about us, shouldn't you be willing to sacrifice stuff?!" Us? There's an us?

"I-I guess.. s-sorr-"

"-whatever. Where's you friend, Sophia?"

Why does he want to know where Soph is?

"Um.. I don't know.. probably with Zayn."

Niall's icy cold blue eyes suddenly snapped up and burned my face, "What?! Who did you say?!"

"Zayn-Zayn Malik? Her almost boyfriend. It's really weird because they're so close, yet at times they argue and hate each other, but recently they had this huge argument and Zayn's been all pissed off, and Soph's been sad-"

"-how do you know Zayn?" he interrupted me, like he didn't care about my speech- ouch.

"He's been in my school year ever since, like Nursery.. I think-yeah."

"So, he lives here?"

"Well yeah, obviously." I rolled my eyes, but he didn't look amused. Instead he looked guarded, like he was hiding something.. hey, I wasn't to know what he was hiding!

"How do you know Zayn, Niall? You're from Ireland, aren't you?"

"Yeah I am.." was all he said, not bothering to answer my first question at all.. Well, here I was thinking he cared for me.. guess I was wrong.

"You okay, Niall? You look quite... tensed." was that the right word? He was shaking slightly, not from nervousness or anything, but from anger.. why though?

"I'm perfect." he gave me a sly grin, and I have to admit that was creepy.. what's gotten into him?!

"Okay....." I backed away from him, and the awkward atmosphere had come between us. He didn't notice me leave, instead he was in his own thoughts.

I walked towards my own home, the one that I had come back to a few days ago. I was too much of a burden on Zayn- Lonely Zayn.

I decided to text Sophia, because she'll know what good advice to help my heart ache.

heyaaaaa guess what? Niall's acting well weird:/ xx

She texted back a few seconds later.

hii. what? why? xox

idk.. it was after I was talking bout u&zayn xx

wait what?! YOU TOLD HIM ABOUT ME AND ZAYN?!

She didn't send me any 'xox's uh oh?

yeh why? whats wrong with that? he asked where u were so I said probably with zayn&i explained u and zayn's relationships&then he just like went all guarded and mysterious.. was well weird xx

nikki. I really cant believe how stupid you are.

Ouch?

why?! what have I done?! xx

what HAVENT you done is he question! Nikki- im so annoyed.

From then on, she didn't respond to any of my texts. I don't know what I've done wrong as she won't tell me. What crime have I committed? I don't understand!

I opened my front door allowing myself in, and there Harry fricking Styles sat on my couch. What the actual-

"-hey babe." he smiled at me like nothing had happened between us. Like he hadn't cheated on me and told me he didn't love me anymore!

"GET OUT! WHY ARE YOU HERE? HOW DID YOU GET IN HERE?!" I exclaimed, panic rushing through my whole body. This day just keeps getting better and better.

"Spare key." he tells me simply, wiggling the keys in front of my face. Only he knows about the spare key underneath the front door's mat. Damn. I need to change the hiding space.

"Okay. You need to go, now."

"Why? Is you new blonde boyfriend coming over? Or is he just your hook up buddy because he doesn't look like one to settle down, babe."

"You can't talk! You can't settle down either! You CHEATED."

He ran a hand through his curls in frustration, "Yeah I know.. but it was one drunken night.. okay, maybe more then one but-"

"-drunk or not, I still will never forgive you, nor take you back.. if that's why you're here. I'm not that desperate enough to go back to a low life tw-"

and the curly haired devil slapped me. The idiot slapped me harshly, causing my whole right cheek to start throbbing, aching with sudden pain. He was as stunned at me.

None of us moved, even when keys were heard rustling in the door knob.

"Nikki? Are you here? It's Jason-"

Now is seriously not the time dude.. My ex is going to burst- and there he goes.

He charges at Jason tackling him to the floor, throwing punches at him repetitively. Jason was more skilled and clever then what meets the eye. It's like he had experience of blocking this kind of abuse.

Wow.

"YOU'RE THE IDIOT WHO STOLE MY GIRL'S HEART, HUH?!" Harry screamed at him.

Is it bad that I have the sudden urge to laugh rather then cry? As in now Zayn and Sophia has burst in and all this drama is too much to take in.

Zayn immediately looks pissed off seeing Harry attempting to kill Jason.

Sophia's eyes were wide and a scream looked like it was going to escape her lips as Zayn launched himself at Harry, like Harry had done previously at Jason. Throwing the tall boy off Jason, and jabbing him multiple times in the stomach and face. He was a lot stronger then Harry.

But we all knew that...

I mean c'mon- the guy is a total bad ass.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

are you starting to hate Nikki? or are you all feeling sorry for her? I'd like to read your views! Also, who's your fav character(s) in this book, and why?:) Thanks!

Goal: yanno what. Idk what to do! When I do I high goal, never get to reach it.. but when I do a low- urgh idk! Let's say, 15 votes but it would be nice to get more:) THANKS SO MUCH LOVE YOU ALL STAY BEAUTIFUL OK- Tanisha .xox