Chapter 35. {Don't Let Me Go}

"STOP BEING SO DIFFICULT, STOP WALKING AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled, striding up to her, catching onto her waist and turning her around quickly. She pushed my hands away, so I was no longer touching her.

"DIFFICULT?! ME?! PLEASE. YOU'RE THE GOD DAMN DIFFICULT ONE! YOU AND YOU SUDDEN CHANGE OF EMOTIONS, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE! ONE SECOND YOU ACT COLD TO ME, THEN YOU'RE SWEET, THEN YOU'RE COCKY, THEN YOUR OVERPROTECTIVE, THEN YOU'RE ROMANTIC, AND NOW THIS! I CAN'T KEEP UP ZAYN, I REALLY CAN'T." Sophia exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air rather over-dramatically.

"Wow- that's a sudden change of events! You can't honestly blame me for this stuff, because if you hadn't gone all FLIRTY with Horan, we wouldn't be in this crap!"

"Oh, wouldn't we? I'm SURE you've made more enemies then you have friends. You were the one who pushed my first friends away! You and your overprotective behaviour! We didn't even know each other properly, yet you still acted like that! I'm not a property that you can own!"

"I never said you were! You're just putting words into my mouth! God-they honestly weren't true mates then if they stayed away from you, LIKE YOU HAD SOME KINDA DISEASE! Do you remember that?! All the tears you wasted on them?! Who comforted you?! Was it that stupid ass Nikki, huh!? No! It was me! It was always me!"

She scoffed, "Wow Zayn. Almost a month away from each other and look how much we're changed."

I ran a hand through my messy dark hair, breathing heavily to contain my anger.

"I'm sorry that I bring the worst out in you.." I heard her speak so softly, her voice almost breaking as she spoke.

"You also bring the best out of me.." I tried to tell her loudly, like it was in my head but instead it was barely audible. She didn't hear it.

"Hello? L-Louis? Hi. I'm o-okay. Yes, um.. would it be okay if I stay over tonight? I know it's really short notice and-really? Oh, thank you Lou! Bye."

Then she continued to walk away from me. I had no choice but to follow her home. I watched her pack her small suite-case, throwing in random items of clothes and other necessities.

I was silent.

I was silent until Louis's car drove outside the house, and she almost flew out the front door.

I knew I couldn't just let her go. If I did... I would regret it forever.

I had to do something, but no ideas came to mind.

She reached from the handle of the passenger seat, and three words hopelessly tumbled out of my mouth..

*
*
*

"I LOVE YOU!"

*
*
*
She froze.

I froze.

Louis was as shocked as the pair the of us was.

She dropped her grip of the handle, turning to face me slowly.

"You w-what?" She breathed out, clearly stunned by my words. I can't believe I admitted it.

It was love, wasn't it? It was no longer lust. I need her, and I know she needs me.

"I said I love you, Sophia." I firmly said my words now, piercing the cold atmosphere. I was loud and clear so I couldn't suddenly take back my words like a coward. It's said and done now.

"I." but she didn't know what to say, her mouth slightly ajar with wide brown eyes.

As she walked slowly towards me, I felt the happiness bubble inside me. She wasn't going to leave me after all. I did it. She's staying.

I parted my arms, ready to have her in my arms, snuggling into my chest, hearing her soft heartbeats. Ours beat as one.

But instead I was greeted to the palm of her hand. The impact took my by surprise. I watched as her brown eyes brimmed with tears. I should be the one crying. I'm the one in damn pain here! That slap hurt!

"How dare you. How dare you even say that to me! That's just an excuse to make me stay; I know you too well, Zayn. I know what kinda guy you are. You make out you're not like Tom, or even Niall, but I know deep down you're still that player.. the toy-boy. I can see-"

Crashing my lips onto hers before she ripped my heart into any more pieces, I soon felt her responding.

I know I haven't won her back.

I know it's going to be difficult, but if I really did love her, I could prove to her how much she actually means to me..

Without pushing her away..
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do love you guys so much! You're support is so awesome, like the comments and votes, they make my day!:) I love this story so much too, and I'm glad you all do too!
AHHHHHHHHH HE LOVES HER?! WHAAAAAAAAT?! UNEXPECTED?! WHAAAAT. What are your views on that hm?:) Goal: 16 votes:) thanks so much! -Tanisha .xox