Chapter 57. {Forgiveness}

[Zayn]

"What?" I yawned, extremely tired from the lack of sleep that I've been getting these past few nights. I've been trying to plan a way to get to Niall, without Sophia finding out. I figured if she knew my plan, she'd want to stop me... because she doesn't want me to get hurt, or end up in jail. She doubts my skills, she hasn't seen any of them, so she wouldn't know.

I may look like a guy who doesn't pay attention in school, but I'm actually really smart--not as smart as Siva in knowledge wise, but social wise I am. I know who to talk to, how to talk to people. I can sense what people are feeling just by their body language, I can tell if they're telling the truth or if they're lying...

That's why I'm the leader. Not just because of my strength and speed, but because of my good decisions.

 "I need to talk to you." Nikki whispered back to me. She had woken me up at God knows what time, but it looks pretty dark outside. It must be early hours of the morning. There has to be a good reason for waking me up--otherwise I won't be amused.

I followed her down the stairs into the small kitchen where she sat down on a swirly chair while I stood at the doorway, and raised an eyebrow.

"What do you want?"

She sighed before closing her eyes, "I think--I think Nathan likes me." yeah, well done Sherlock.

"Yeah... so?"

"I think I like him back..."

Oh my God--what is this? Jeremy Kyle? I couldn't care less about her damn love life!

"Okay?"

"Um... but I got a text from um, Harry just recently, just a few hours ago actually. He's been sending me a text, updating me on his life story but I never reply back. So, he asks me if I'm seeing anyone because he really wants me back--and he says he'll kill whoever has stolen my heart, because it apparently belongs to him... The thing is, he then said he has a gang behind him now that can back him up in a fight against my 'lover' and I'm getting quite worried--wondering who this gang is..."

I took in her words and frowned deeply, another gang? Harry's gang? Who would ever want to be in a gang with Styles? After him cheating on Nikki, everyone turned their backs on him and his popularity went down completely. He had no-one, so how can he have a gang?

"I say you should text him back, and tell him you're single. At least then, we're keeping Nathan safe. That's my main priority. I couldn't give a flying fish about you and Harry's relationship. My gang members are my main worries, behind Sophia and my mother."

"I--I guess I could, but um... I want to know who's in his gang because he makes out they're extremely strong, clever and all the stuff that you and your friends are... I'm just scared, I guess."

"Tell Nathan that because I can't comfort you--because I don't give two craps about your feelings, if I'm honest. The thing is though love, we can pretend to be nice and friendly in front of Sophia and maybe even Nath, but I can't forgive or forget anything that you did in our years of school. I mean, you were just a bum licker. All you wanted was to get to the top. Popularity was all you ever cared about. And I swear, if you're using Sophia, I won't hesitate to get rid of all your crayons you use to rape your face every morning." then I walked out the room leaving her flustered. Because I can.

~*~*~

"Harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry."

I rolled my eyes at my two classmates who were flirting shamelessly with one another while we were supposed to be finishing off our art work. Mines was a masterpiece, and I was extremely proud. I hardly am proud of myself, but today I really was. The drawing was of a plain white dove with the background of a mixture of vibrant colours, on the dove's wings.... was blood, deep red blood. I don't know why I'm so obsessed with that colour.