12. Cheers!

I arrived at Spencer's house, maybe it was what I needed; some friends and no alcohol. But were these people still my friends? I knew Spencer was, apart from a few E-mails 3 years ago I hadn't really heard anything from Hanna and Emily. I always assumed they read my books and decided they didn't want to talk to me again, ever. And I was fine with it, I didn't need to be reminded constantly of what happened while we were in high school. I walked up to the porch and took a deep breath before I rang the bell. I checked my hair in the door-window. I hear Spencer's footsteps coming. The door handle clicked and it went open. Spencer was standing in the door way. 'She's here!' Spencer yelled and she pulled me into a hug. I heard heels walking towards me and Spencer and I pulled away. Hanna was standing in front of me, wearing electric blue high-platforms and a white lace dress, her golden bracelet seemed very expensive. Her long locks were even longer than a few years ago, her ocean-blue eyes gazed into my hazel ones. 'wow, Aria, uhm congrats!' she said as she hugged me. Emily was standing behind her, wearing a blue A-line short formal dress, she layered some delicate necklaces over it. She pulled me into a hug as well. 'god this is so weird' Hanna said. And we smiled. Emily took a step to the side, so did Hanna, and my eyes met some sparkly blue ones 'Ali?' I said surprised as I raised my eyebrows and my jaw dropped. 'surprise, surprise' she laughed. I hugged her tightly. 'It's been a long few years' I laughed. It was silent for a moment as everyone was walking towards the kitchen table, and pieces of our memory flew in front of our eyes. We sat down. 'Aria, we are so proud of you' Hanna said. 'thanks' I chuckled. 'you know I would like to hear that Times-worthy story of yours' Ali said, grinning. 'Yes!' Emily yelled rapturous. 'Spencer smirked at me; 'go ahead' I got my phone out of my pocket; there was no turning back anymore.

There's a thousand reasons why I'm not the same, not the same as you. I couldn't see it in the mirror though, and neither could you. but I'm damn sure that I saw it in your eyes, a reflection tinted deep brown through and through, my ghost possessing the bruised pale body of someone new, someone like you. The years I've spent, walking past your house, taking a peek inside when I was just curious, made me live like the thought of you. Wandering along the edges of my bare mind. I've a thousand half-written poems scattered on mostly blank pages on that same mirror. The spirit of inspiration, you, teases my fingertips and then leaves me cold before the final phrase is ever put. I saw a thousand yards of color on that same mirror, stretched out on the sky canvas that is me, rich tones of lava burned between the pressing, pursing black lips of void. I saw a thousand glowing stars in your eyes, from a window in the plane, I was flying so high, but I never lost you out of my sight as the plane flew back, relentlessly into the past. Climbing the foot of a mountain of my scattered poems, they burned warm and constant, darkness cloaked all except the city lights of your home. I saw a thousand faces I'll never see again. And wove a thousand memories with one; you. Wrapping me in comfort and letting nostalgia for wanderlust atone.

I let out a sigh as I looked at my former best friends. They all raised their glass, waiting for me to do the same. I laughed and took my glass, I raised it into the air: 'cheers!'

-----------------

okay, sorry it was a bit short, I've been focusing on this other story, also, pll that I've been writing for NanoWrimo and I want to post it on here too, but I'm afraid it isn't very practical to have two on-going stories up.. I have made the draft of the other one though, shall I post it? please let me know in the comments; it's called: Nightmare