15. Vodka Soda

Wren knelt down beside me. He smelt like vodka. A vodka soda to be exact. He tilted my head up. 'try to sit up, Aria,' he said with that dreamy accent of his. I obeyed and slowly got up. 'are you going to tell me what happened?' he said with again that enchanting accent of his. I was still in shock, my head was spinning but I knew that would fade. I wasn't exactly happy to see Wren but at least he saved me. yeah, Wren saved me. Maybe he wasn't so bad after all. I ignored his question. 'Like it or not, you have to tell me some day, so you'd rather just tell me now' he said. I smiled. 'can I get a vodka soda first, like you' Wren sniggered and he nodded. He got up to get it, he probably had to walk to his room. My head was slowly calming down a bit. What the hell happened.. why did he do it? Why would he do it? He was angry.. he really wasn't the dreamy, troubled guy I'd imagined. Maybe a good book would evolve from this but not a lot more. Wren came back with my vodka soda and I drank it, I spit it out immediately and threw it on the floor. 'that's disgusting!' I yelled. 'hey you asked for it' Wren defended himself. I laughed. 'I like your accent' I said in an impulse. Wren smirked and he slowly leaned in. I deserved this, I told myself so I went for the kiss. We kissed for a good five minutes, not as big of a spark as with Ezra, but it was a great distraction. our kiss was broken up by the sound of footsteps and someone gasping. We pulled away, Ezra was standing in the doorway. Widened eyes, startled.