Aria's first and last letter

Dear Ezra,

Why I'm writing this: I need to. I want to. I have to.

You. You were enchanting, my fairytale. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, that I didn't have the courage to ask you what was wrong. That I didn't have the courage to pull you off that roof. That I didn't have the courage to storm into your room and kiss you until you felt better. That I didn't have the courage to tell you the truth about the story. I'm sorry that I never had the courage to tell you that I love you. I love you with every piece of my broken heart.

I'm a mess. My life is a mess. I don't see the point anymore. Your ghost still lives in my heart, setting fire to everything. I miss you. I miss you like crazy. And I wish you were here now to tell me it will all be okay. Because I can't tell myself that. I just know that it's not true. Not if you don't come back. You are a mystery hidden in the moon's mountains on the dark side. I can never see you, but I know you're here.

I wish I just didn't mess up so bad. I wanted to save you from whatever had you trapped, when I was clearly lost in your eyes. But all is okay for you now, and I hope you found peace within yourself. And I know that I'll be able to ask you that someday. So don't worry your pretty little mind, because people throw rocks at things that shine. Life makes love look hard, the stakes are high the water's rough, but this love is still ours, and it always will be. And I'm sure my heart will open up again someday, but for now I'll just sit here, silently.. missing you.

-Aria.

I put my pen down on the table. A tear dripped down my face and dropped on the paper, it formed a stain next to my name on it. My heart was beating fast as I took the pills I had been stuffing under my pillow in my hand. I brought them to my mouth and took them all in one shot. I then went back to bed, closing my eyes. Falling asleep. To never wake up again. I escaped.