14. Shower

I drove to Radley the next morning, following Spencer's advice to not cut ties with Ezra, and fight for him. She knew how much I loved him. He made me happy. I had class that day anyway so it wasn't weird. I arrived at 10 in the morning. The lady that was usually behind the desk wasn't there, Radley seemed empty. I walked towards Ezra's room, bumping into him along the way. He looked startled, 'hey.. can we talk..' I said timidly. He ignored me. 'Can you like, get out of my way It's my time to shower..' his voice was raspy. that sentence ached a little, it was out of character for him. 'yeah sure..' I said and I stepped aside, he walked past me not paying any attention to me. this was my last chance, I had to fight! 'look I'm sorry' I said. He turned around. he gazed at me with a dead look in his eyes 'me too.' He said, I couldn't tell if he was angry, sad or both. I walked up to him. I cupped his face in my hands. 'look.. I'm sorry. I needed to submit a story and I didn't have anything so I submitted yours. I'm sorry and you have every right to be mad at me. I used to write a lot. Lately, I don't. I actually can't. I guess it's because you're here. Writing used to fulfill me, now you do that' I looked into his eyes trying to get through him. They came closer, and we kissed. He led me to the showers and opened the door, he pushed me against the wall and kissed me passionately. 'you're wrong, I'm not mad.' He said as he pulled away. My eyes lit up and I felt a weight releasing from my shoulders. 'really?' I asked in disbelief. He shook his head. And he turned the shower on. And he did something to the handle I couldn't tell. 'no, I'm furious.' He said calm, but he meant it. My jaw dropped. And the water started running, it was steaming hot. He jumped out of the shower and closed the door, locking it from the outside. The hot water ran over my body, it was steaming. My eyes had widened, filled with tears. 'no..no.. ezra please let me out!' I shouted, startled, in disbelief and shock. this couldn't be real... I got no response. Did he leave? I started to panick 'EZRA OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!' I screamed. My vision became blurry, my stomach felt like turning upside down. My body started sweating. Did he really do this? Was this really him? I deserved it.. the water was burning my skin. I tried pulling the handle but it wouldn't move. 'Ezra?' I uttered. I could feel he was leaning on the other side of the door. I started banging on the door, if he didn't want to help me, someone else had to. 'HELP! SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME OUT..' I cried. 'Ezra.. please I thought you loved me.' I tried. I heard someone crying on the other side of the door. 'I thought you loved me too' he sniffled. My eyes lit up. 'please just open the door..' I pleaded. My legs had become weak, I slid down the door. 'please..' I begged. My voice didn't turn up. 'Just because you're hurting, doesn't mean other have to hurt too' I said. From then on I couldn't say anything, I tried to, and there were so many things I could say, but maybe the silence would get the message across better. My throat was hurting, I was breathing heavily and my heart was pumping blood around like crazy to manage my blood temperature. 'please..' I uttered one last time. And it hit me, that if he really loved he wouldn't have done such a cruel thing. He really was mentally ill. He really was crazy. But that didn't make me love him less. I tried to hold on to that love for the next few seconds, before the door opened and I fell out of the shower, on the ground. black spots in my vision, gasping for air and Wren kneeling down next to me, he was looking at Ezra like he was a monster. And he was.