Steve

I shifted in my seat. I could feel someones gaze burning into my back. I, however am far too awkward to turn around and see who it is. I'd been sitting here for the last fifteen minutes trying to do my english assessment except the person staring at me was distracting me.

I shifted the seat slightly to my right causing it to creak loudly, the silent library making it sound louder than it was. I cringed.

This composition wasn't going to write itself and as this person continued to intently stare at me it certainly wasn't going to be written by me.

I sighed and stood from my chair, running my hands down my skirt to smooth out any creases. I turned and took a moment to find who had been staring. There, a boy who had just ducked behind the shelf of contemporary books.

I let myself smile, something I hadn't done in quite a while. I stepped towards the shelf, acting as if I was searching for a book. From my peripheral vision I could see the boy glancing at me through a row of books.

Gosh he was good looking. His greased hair indicated he was a greaser, his crooked teeth made him look innocent, his eyes were bright. He was wearing a pale blue DX shirt and was holding a pile of books. Funny for a greaser, maybe there were other one's like me. That tried to work and get out of this hell of this town.

"I didn't know greasers were into girly love stories." I teased not taking my eyes off the books in front of me. I could see a light pink dusting his cheeks and neck.

"And I didn't know they were into staring at girls in a library." I teased, his face now entirely red.

"Well can you blame me? Such a pretty girl this greaser was staring at." He grinned still looking at me through the rows of books.

"Well I'm sorry you must have the wrong girl, I'm a greaser too." I spoke before pulling a book off the shelf and flipping through it.

"You're a greaser? Never would've guessed." He was now standing in front of me. His smile was crooked making my heart melt.

"Why because I wear clothing that actually covers something and not a hideous amount of eyeliner?"

"Yeah that'd be about right." He leaned on the shelf of books causing it to rock. He scrambled back onto his feet and fretted to stop the shelf from falling over.

I giggled at his antics before walking back to my table. The boy of course followed.

"Playing hard to get doll?" He grinned sitting beside me.

"No, I'd just rather not be seen with ruffian like you." I teased.

"Oh that really hurt doll, it really broke my heart." He said gripping his chest.

"Ya know your hearts on the other side right?"

He burned bright red, again.

"Obviously those science books ain't doing enough for you." I nodded towards his pile of books.

"I'm failing science, I want nothing to do with it." He sighed.

"I could help?" I offered.

"How about that? I try to come onto a respectable greaser girl and she offers to tutor me." He grinned.

"If you're not careful I won't do either."

"Do either?"

"Tutor or go out with you."

"Now how did you kn-"

"You ain't exactly slick Steve." I grinned, reading the name off his shirt.

"I am too."

"Whatever you say greaser." I teased.

Silence.

"So do you want to go see a movie sometime doll?" He asked shifting in his seat.

"If you call me by my name." I replied.

"What is it?"

"Really?"

"How am I meant to know?!" He asked raising his voice slightly causing the librarian to glare at us.

"Well i thought you'd know considering your stalking."

"I wasn't-" he stopped and rubbed his forehead clearly annoyed with me.

"Still wanna take me on that date?" I grinned.

"You're not getting rid of me that easily."