Ponyboy

A/N: 15K reads??? Wtf thank you so much!
This is short and kinda sucks but I have writers block so Please message me if you want to request something, just let me know the boy and a basic story outline!

"Read to me." I demanded shoving a paperback into Ponyboy's face.

"What?" He questioned confusion clouding his features. I wasn't about to argue with him as my heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest and my eyes were struggling to focus.

"I need you to read to me." I repeated. Dropping the book in his lap I wiped my shaking hands against my jeans and immediately began playing with my fingers.

"I'm kind of busy here (y/n)." Ponyboy gestured towards the TV playing some poorly made Syfy movie.

"I k-know," the stuttering was starting, "but I n-need you to read to me."

"Why? Can't you wait?" He was starting to get annoyed with me, that much was obvious but there was no way I could deal with this panic attack alone.

It was one of those that came out of nowhere, like you're suddenly pounced on by an attacker. That no amount of distraction or deep breathing could help.

"P-ponyboy you don't understand, I really need you to read to me." I spoke clearly and slowly, desperately trying to force the stuttering away.

"Read to yourself, you're not a child!" Ponyboy snapped knocking the book to the floor and the tears began to stream down my face. Unable to stop them as I wiped feverishly at my face my heart rate increased and my throat felt like it was closing.

"(Y/N)? What's wrong? Are you okay?" The panic evident on Pony's face. I concentrated desperately on a spot on the floor, a trick I'd been taught by numerous counsellors and attempted deep breathing again.

Breathing in for five seconds, holding for another five seconds and then breathing out for five seconds and repeat.

"What's happening?" Ponyboy questioned grabbing my arm and shaking me harshly.

"Shut up." I demanded, "Give me a minute."

I continued my practiced breathing. I hated crying in front of people let alone my boyfriend of only a few weeks. He hadn't seen me like this before and I wish he didn't for a little while longer, his voice somehow managed to calm me down. Which is why I wanted him to read to me, he'd done it before without realizing I was on the verge of a panic attack. He'd never said no before.

My racing heart was finally starting to slow, I picked up the book from the floor and handed it to Pony.

"I'm having a panic attack Pony, please read to me your voice calms me down." I explained.

"A panic attack?"

"Yes, so please just read I'll explain it all later." I spoke gently concentrating on not stuttering and sitting beside Pony on the beat up couch.

He didn't reply only opened the book and began reading the story out loud to me. It was a Sherlock Holmes novel I'd owned for years, my parents had bought me a book every year for my birthday for as long as I could remember. This particular paperback had been purchased for me on my eleventh birthday. The books were usually beaten up second hand copies but I didn't mind, I preferred them pre-used.

Ponyboy's constant smooth voice was comforting, almost immediately my beating heart slowed to a normal pace and breathing became much easier. We sat there for about half an hour, me being completely mesmerised by Pony's voice and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's writing. Pony didn't stop reading until I spoke up.

"Thank you Ponyboy, you helped a lot."

"You're feeling better?" He inquired placing a comforting hand on my own.

"Much better." I responded.

"What happened?" He asked folding the corner of my paperback to mark the page he was up to.

"A panic attack, I don't get them that often anymore but I've noticed that when people read to me it helps, specifically you." I explained sheepishly shrugging.

"Has it happened around me before?"

I considered whether or not I should be honest. "Only once or twice and it's never been that bad."

"Anytime you need me to, I'll read to you so I can help." Ponyboy said smiling.

"Thank you Ponyboy, you're the best."