Sodapop

The clatter of pans and loud voices woke me up. I grumbled at being awoken so harshly. I opened my eyes to see someone had opened the bedroom door allowing the noise from the rest of the house to travel into my bedroom.

I turned on my side to see Sodapop laying beside me still asleep. He looked so darn peaceful. His eyelashes were long and thick, his pink lips slightly pursed as he breathed evenly and softly.

I was so lucky to have Sodapop Curtis in my life. I've no idea how I'd managed ending up being with him. He could have any girl in Tulsa he wanted, a greaser or a Soc and he chose me. Little old me. I was nothing special. I wasn't a genius. I wasn't drop dead gorgeous. I wasn't outrageously talented at anything. I was just me.

I smiled as his nose twitched in his sleep. I rolled back over, staring up at the ceiling smiling softly to myself.

Last night Sodapop and I had shared our first time together and it was perfect. It'd had been my first time overall. I didn't have any expectations but with Sodapop last night it was wonderful. No interruptions. No stress. No worries. Just Soda and I, together.

I still worried sometimes that I'd wake up and this would all be a dream that Soda had never asked me out. We'd never dated. We'd never hung out at the DX together. Never laid over each other on his family's couch watching television till ungodly hours in the morning. Never had to run through the pouring rain from the drive in on our third date. Never shared our first kiss on the fourth. Never got to have our first time together. Never even spoken to each other. It terrified me to no end.

However after last night it felt so real. Like it was confirmation that this wasn't a dream I'd been having for the last year and a half. This was real.

"What are you grinning about?" Soda asked slinging an arm over my stomach.

"Just thinking about last night." I turned to face him, laying on my side.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" Soda asked suddenly tensing.

"What? Oh that! I was talking about the pizza we had last night." I teased resulting in a pinch on my arm from Soda.

"No seriously doll, I didn't did I?"

"No Soda, it was perfect." I replied pecking his lips.

"Good." He smiled. "Let's do it again."

"I don't think so Mr. Curtis. You have work and so do I." I tutted and pulled myself out of bed. Soda groaned in response.

I giggled before walking to my wardrobe and pulling out an outfit for work.

"Can't we just call in sick?" He asked.

"No Soda, you know we can't." I answered. "Neither of us can, now get your butt up and get dressed."

"Yes Sargent." He teased obeying.

I was pulling on my pants when I felt Soda's arms wrap around my stomach and his lips pressing against my neck.

"Are you sure?"

"Sodapop Curtis behave!" I cried.

"No ma'am." He answered before pulling me onto the bed again. Okay so maybe we didn't end up going to work.

I'm cringing at the cliché ending but FUCK IT.

This had absolutely no point to it, I just started writing and it happened but I must say I'm okay with it.

Please vote and comment feedback. Xxx