Curtis Sister

A/N: Hey so this is the first thing I've written in quite some time so its not great but here it is.

Sheakell1 requested this a while ago (like over a year ago, I'm so sorry) and also Glader_Greaser also added to the story. 

"Hey (y/n) are you alright in there? We're going to be late for class!" Your best friend Alex called knocking on the bathroom stall.

You began to panic not knowing entirely what to do after seeing the blood. You knew what it was but you weren't prepared and you had no one at home to help. The excruciating stomach pains you'd been experiencing all day suddenly made sense. The thought of having to tell your brothers at home only heightened your anxiety. 

"Shit!"

"What's wrong?" Alex asked sounding almost as panicked as you.

"I think I got my period." You replied. A small bag was pushed under the stall towards your feet. 

"You're a lifesaver Alex!" 

"I know." She chuckled from the other side of the stall. 

***

"Darry! Where are my jeans?" Sodapop called out to your older brother from his and Ponyboy's shared room.

"Check my room." He replied serving your breakfast in front of you.

"Thank you Darry." You grinned digging into the plate of eggs Darry had cooked everyone. After only a few bites your stomach protested and caused you to almost double over in pain. After explaining to Alex yesterday that you didn't want your brothers to find out you'd gotten your period she'd walked to the store after school with you to buy you a box pads. Promising to pay her back as soon as you could you ran home before anyone else got there so you could hide your things in the house. 

"(Y/N)," you could hear the grin in Sodapop's voice, "what are these?"

shit 

"N-nothing." You answered as your eyes widened in horror at Soda holding the box you'd hidden in yours and Darry's shared closet. 

"What are they?" Ponyboy asked appearing beside Soda inspecting the box.

"They're nothing!" You screamed angrily tearing the box from Soda's hands.

"Our little sister is a woman!" Soda cried laughing. 

Face hot with anger you ran into the bathroom and locked the door. Throwing the box across the room you listened as Pony and Soda mercilessly teased you about the box and why you had it. 

"That explains why you were so emotional yesterday! You girls need to stop being so bipolar!" Soda yelled.

"Gosh (y/n) that's so gross!" Pony joined him. Tears began to spill down your cheeks as your brothers continued to pick at you, this was so humiliating. You didn't have anyone to help you with this part of being a girl, you didn't have a sister or even a mother. Tears turned to sobs as the thought of your parents entered your mind, it was all too much to handle. 

"(Y/N)." Darry's voice asked gently through the door. "Are you alright?"

You wiped away the sticky tears, you hadn't noticed that Soda and Pony were no longer teasing you. 

"Are you going to join in then?" You asked defensively. Your sadness had suddenly been replaced with anger at the thought of your brother's being rude just because they could and over something as natural and trivial as a period. 

"No I'm not, are you alright? Do you need anything?" He asked. The anger melted away as quickly as it had started.

"Some Ibuprofen* would be great and the day off maybe?" You asked pleadingly. 

"Whatever you need, now come on out of the bathroom please?" The door squeaked as you pulled it open to Darry standing outside, your gentle giant of a brother. 

"Have I ever told you you're the best brother?" 

A/N ; Hey my only thing to comment on is the medication I did so much research to find what period pain medication their was in the 60's but I couldn't find any so I just used ibuprofen even though it wasn't introduced to America until the 70's (I think). Probably no one cares but I thought I'd mention it anyway!