Darry

I was just hanging up my apron, moments from clocking out when the restaurants phone rang, glancing around I saw no one else making their way to answer it so I followed the ringing and picked up the receiver.

"Hello, this is (y/n)." I spoke faking cheerfulness.

"(Y/N)? It's Darry."

"Hi Darry, listen I just clocked out I'm on my way home." I explained.

"Ponyboy and Johnny." Was all he managed to get out between my rambiling. My hands started to shake, I'd been worried sick for the last week about those boys, those two were like the little brothers I'd never had. I'd only grown close with the gang over the last year when I'd started dating Darry, but I'd grown to adore them all.

"Where are they? Are they home? Are they safe?" The questions came tumbling out.

"They're at the hospital, Johnny's hurt real bad." I could hear how tired and upset Darry was.

"I'll be there soon."

**

"Ponyboy." I breathed for the first time in what felt like hours when I saw him, I couldn't believe my eyes. His long dark hair had been cut short and dyed blonde. He was filthy and had lost a lot of weight or maybe it was the shirt he wore that definitely wasn't his size. I ran towards the Curtis brothers who all sat clearly exhausted on the hard-plastic seats in the waiting room.

"Ponyboy look at you." I gasped, tears starting to cloud my eyes.

"I'm a great sight ain't I (y/n)?" He said embarrassed, standing up to meet me.

"The greatest." I grinned pulling him into a hug, he returned the embrace and before I knew it I was crying.

"Don't you ever do that again! You had your brothers and the whole gang scared to death." I managed to choke out.

"I'll try to avoid it." He teased grinning up at me. Darry and Sodapop grinned from behind Pony.

"I think (y/n) missed you the most out of all of us." Sodapop baited, even with the bags under his bloodshot eyes he looked great.

"Of course I did, I had no one around to have a stimulating conversation with." I quipped taking the bait, Soda gripped his chest in mock pain.

"Hey Darry." I said walking into the eldest Curtis brother's arms.

"Hey babe." He replied planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked resting my head on his shoulder.

"He'll be okay, I can't say the same for Johnny though." Darry sighed, the crease in his brow deepening and I realised what Ponyboy was talking about when he told me a few weeks ago that Darry looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

"What happened?" I asked, terrified of the answer.

"They got caught in a burning church, where they were hiding out for the past week. Johnny got badly burnt." His words hit me like a tonne of bricks.

"Not Johnny!" I cried tears brimming my eyes again. Poor Johnny, the gangs pet didn't deserve any of the crap the world threw at him. He'd been through enough with his parents, if you could even call them that, getting jumped and beaten within an inch of his life and having to drop out of school. My heart broke every time something terrible happened to that boy, every time Darry and I spoke about him we thought of taking him in. Letting him live with either the Curtis brothers or me, however, neither of us could afford it. Except right now every excuse we had sounded ridiculous and manageable.

"I wished we'd let him stay with us Darry." I sobbed desperately wiping away my tears.

"No don't you dare blame yourself. There was nothing you could've done to stop it." Darry spoke sternly looking me directly in the eye.

"Poor Johnny, he didn't deserve this." I mumbled, I was a blubbering mess now but I didn't care anymore.

"I know love, I know."

Guess who can't write endings? Me!!

anyway I was curious so I have two questions. Do you guys prefer the single boyfriend imagines or do you prefer the Curtis sister/Au type imagines? I'm more inclined to write more of what you guys enjoy so comment and let me know.

Thanks for reading my trash x