Steve

AN: Finally got my laptop back thank gosh! Thank you for 17K reads and also I'm now ranked #1 under Steve Randle!! What the hell I never even thought of my book being ranked in anything!! I'd actually started writing this imagine before I saw I'd been ranked #1 so I guess it's fitting?Thank you all so much for reading and please send me any requests you have! 

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I swore loudly, fumbiling with my car keys. I struggled with them for a few seconds before finally managing to unlock my car and climb in. I'd somehow succeeded in sleeping in on a work day, a peek at my watch confirmed my fears as I started the engine and reversed haphazardly onto the street. I was roughly a ten minute drive from work and I needed to be there five minutes ago. 

Driving as carefully as I could while going well over the speed limit I'd made it a block from the building I needed to be in. Waiting impatiently at a stop sign, my work building just in sight and I was suddenly lurched forward, the shattering sound of my car being destroyed filling my ears. I swore so colourfully and loudly it would've made any grown man blush.

"Are you okay?" Before I could comprehend what was happening my door opened and I was yanked roughly out of my now ruined car. The sight of the damage caused to my car filled my stomach with dread and anger. 

"You've got to be kidding!" I yelled whirling to glare at the person who had single handily ruined my day. My eyes were met with a greaser, dressed for work I assumed and an enormous grin plastered on his face.

"Can you not drive properly?" I questioned the grinning boy. He stood comfortably for a moment, looked me up and down not so subtly, ran a hand along his greased back hair before finally answering. 

"Of course I can drive doll, you're the one that stopped." he drawled and despite myself I found his voice cute.

"Obviously I stopped, it's a stop sign!" I explained gesturing towards the glaringly obvious sign.

The guy seemed unbothered as he shrugged and replied, "No one stops at a stop sign, just slow down, have a look and keep going." 

If he noticed my incredulous look he hid it extremely well as he crossed his arms and leaned nonchalantly against my car. 

"How do you have a licence? Actually, don't answer that. Instead, are you going to pay to fix my car?" I demanded mimicking his actions. 

"You know what? I have a better idea." His smirk somehow grew bigger. "I'll fix your car for free." 

"Why would you do that? You don't even know my name." I said beyond confused why a probably hard done by greaser was offering to fix my car for free. 

"I'm Steve." He said extending his hand for me to take. 

"(Y/N)." I replied shaking his hand, he had a strong and calloused grip.

"Now I know your name and you know mine. There is a catch with this deal though." Steve said teasingly. 

"Should've seen that coming." I muttered, "What is it?" 

"You go on a date with me, as payment for me fixing your car." He grinned sending me a cheeky wink.

"Seriously? A date?" I cocked an eyebrow in confusion. 

"Yes, one date with a very pretty girl my treat obviously, and I'll fix your car for free, in fact I'll fix things wrong with it I didn't even cause." 

I looked Steve over, he wore a pale blue shirt with his name and DX stitched on it. His teeth were crooked but his smile was still nice and his greased back hair was clearly well looked after. I considered his offer, it couldn't hurt. If nothing came of it even though I was starting to hope something would, at least my car would be fixed and I'd get a free meal out of it. 

"Alright Steve, one date, this Friday." I agreed.

"Deal," He smiled turning to asses the damage to my car. "Did you need a lift anywhere then?" 

"Oh shoot! What's the time? I've got to go or I'm gonna be late!" I yelled grabbing my things from my car and taking off towards my work building. 

"Come by the DX tomorrow to see how your car's going!" Steve hollered at me. 

"Will do!" I yelled right back, readying myself for my job that I was definitely late to.