One • Reckless is My Middle Name✔️

Chapter One
———

Ylva

"Blue?" Nathaniel gasped, staring at my wolf in awe.

I glanced down at myself, admiring the fluffy blue fur that has recently sprouted. I was dark blue with streaks of purple and white in my fur. My black claws dug into the ground as I stared at my uncle through my violent orbs. I nodded, my tongue hanging out my mouth in excitement.

"H-How? Its the most rarest kind of wolf..." My uncle touched gently my fur. I sat beside him, enjoying his touch, it reminded me so much of my Dad. Nathaniel was Dad's brother. Both as daft as each other, but when it came down to family, nothing would stand in their way of protecting us. I missed his strong hugs, the way he would train me. He made sure that I was the best I could be.

Today is around two months until my birthday. People call us werewolves, though I prefer the term shifter. And I finally got my wolf. Misty. She has always been with me, but this is the first time she's been in wolf form. I learnt to shift when I was five but a lot of the time it was too painful and took up a lot of energy - most of the time I ended up passing out. It is unusual for pups to shift and my parents warned me if I did it too often, it could've called for unwanted attention.

When your born with two parents as wolves, you grow up with your wolf. They are always there with you, they can speak to you, make you feel different things, help you smell and see better in the dark. But you would only find your mate when you turned near enough seventeen - even then, there's not really a certain time when you find them.

"You must be very careful, Ylva" my aunt, Sunbrooke, said, walking out the house. "Hybrids have powers that other rouges and bad wolves would want." She laid against my uncle who wrapped his arms around her. Mates, I scoffed.

I looked out onto the lake that surrounded the house. It was always silent and beautiful at night. The full moon shone out over the lake, making it look like mini crystals and the sky would almost always be clear so you could look up and see every star in the sky. It was always a good place to come and think.

I lived with my uncle and aunt after my parents died. I remember my mum hugging me, securely, tightly and crying. She left. Only a few hours later, she returned. She was screaming at me, telling me to run, hide, leave. I didn't understand what she meant, until four other people came in a grabbed me. Their faces were pure evil, filled with so much hate and envy when they glanced towards me. My Mom was thrown away from me and a heavy object came crashing down on my head.

All I remember was pain. I remember my Dad coming, both my parents trying to force the rouge and his 'pack' back to prevent harm from coming to me. But it only resulted them in... death. Their blood was covering the floor in seconds. Their eyes so lifeless, so blank, so scared.

I was only eight at this time. The men left and I stayed with my parents, curled up against their lifeless forms. We lived in the forest, so no one was nearby. All I remember was laying with my mother's arms wrapped around me and my Dad's arm around her. I think, if Nathaniel didn't come over a week after, I would have died.

He found me wrapped up, no longer crying because my eyes were dried out from doing that for so long. He took me from my home and took me to his. Nathaniel stayed in my room for five days, trying to calm my nerves, my wolf and my nightmares. Yes, I did have nightmares. They were horrible. Every night, these men would come and kill my parents again. Then Nathaniel would take me with him, and the men would find out and kill my aunt, uncle and cousins, just to leave me crying. It's like they wanted me to feel pain and sadness- break me down and make me an easy target.