Ten • The Game of Trust✔️

Chapter Ten
———

Ryker

I laid next to my mate, the steady sound of her breathing calmed me and my wolf, 'I love her so much.' he whispered, staring down admirly at our mate. Leave it to the wolf to fall too fast.

Her dark, blonde hair flowed down her back, naturally curled at the ends; slightly knotted from having turning around a lot during the night. I could get lost into her violet eyes that had seen so much pain and hurt. They were like none I'd ever seen before - then again, she was the first hybrid I'd seen for a while.

And that personality - wow. Her sarcastic attitude and strong will, that was something I wasn't expecting. When the prison guard told me that a rouge had been brought into my territory, they are often weak and damaged. Sure, Ylva was both of those things, but she was quick to show me that she could take care of herself.

I knew something had gone on in her past. All of that anger she held and those nights where she had awakened screaming had to be because of something. But something about Ylva was blocking me from the past of her mind. I could only smell scents on her, whereas on someone else, I could read them, maybe find out a little of their life. Ylva was hiding something from Raiden and I. It bugged us, knowing that she'd probably never tell us.

I stiffened when she made a small whimper, thinking that she was having another nightmare. But she snuggled deeper into me. I smiled slightly.

'I love her too.' I answered Raiden.

'So...when are we gonna do it?' God dammit. It's been just over a week and Raiden has been going crazy about making Ylva ours. Marking her.

'Not yet... she would hate us. You know she doesn't trust us yet.'

Raiden whimpered slightly then growled, 'Yeah cause that bitch messes it up.'

I could tell by the sound if his voice it was Katie he was talking about. There is nothing going on between that she-wolf and I. Yeah, okay, I admit we may have done things a few times but I didn't enjoy it because she wasn't mine.

I had found Katie as a rouge, battered and bruised. She was hurt, so I took her in. She told me she had come from a pack that had been taken over by rouges and they abused the girls and continuously trained the males for war, so she ran. She begged me to stay. Even though it was hard to bring a rouge into the pack, my sister's best friend loved her.

Because they were all great friends, my sister had whined at me to let her stay. I gave in, but Katie took over and pushed my sister around. Now she is always quiet, they did something to her. She would never tell me and I never forced her too. I told her I could kick the rouge out, but she simply shook her head, saying that she didn't want to be a bother. I hated Katie after that and ignored her.

'Yeah, I hate her too.' Raiden growled again but then purred slightly, 'Our mate has some skills.' He smirked happily.

Damn right she did. So much possessiveness was travelling through her and her wolf earlier. And the way she fought against that blonde haired boy was great. It showed me she didn't want anyone touching her. And she hit me in the face - twice. Now, usually, that would result in me attacking them, but what shocked me most was that it was my mate. She really did have a mean right hook.

Ylva was playing a game with me. The game of trust. I knew she didn't fully trust me, but sometimes she was okay around me. Like now.

Her singing this morning was beautiful. Her voice was delicate and in tune, even without the actual song in the background. I heard her talking to my Beta's, Reece, younger sister. She growled lowly when Laura said the word Luna.

I sighed. She was my mate, the packs Luna. We need her, I need her.

I was interrupted from my thought by a phone call. I sat up, gently pushing Ylva onto her pillow and answered the phone, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Alpha Ralph of the Golden Raven pack?" A male voice answers.

"Yes, who is speaking?"

"This is Nathaniel Endrin from the Blue Ice pack."

I growled slightly before firmly stating, "I don't want to speak with anyone from that pack."

"Wait, wait, please, just can I talk to you? Its really important!" Nathaniel begged.

I sighed, "Okay, you have ten minutes."

"Thank you." He sounded very relieved. Why?

"What would you talk to me about?"

"Well, you see, your mate, is my niece. Ylva. We are very worried about her back here and-"

"How did you know she was here?" I growled.

"Ylva called me. Please, don't be angry at her. I was just wondering if we could possibly see her?"

I sighed again. Ylva would want to see her family, right? "And why would you like to do that? You know that your Alpha and I do not get along well."

"Alpha Ryker, we understand how protective you are of her, but I asure you, we are not going to harm her or take her back. We would like to because Ylva is family, and we miss her. I also need to speak to her about her hybrid." his voice decreased at the last part.

"What about her hybrid? It seems perfectly fine." I answered.

"Yes, well, there are, um, other parts of it that Y-Ylva needs to know about." he stuttered slightly, informing me he is either lying to me or worried about telling me the truth.

"What other parts?" I growl slightly.

"Please, Alpha Ryker, I really do need to see her. I will get her to tell you. Please, I'm begging you." he pleas.

I can hear the concern and worry behind his voice. I immediately tense up for some unknown reason. The thought of our mate hiding something from us, lying to us maybe.

"Very well." I answer.

'What the fuck! We need to know what's wrong with our mate!' Raiden yells.

'Just shut up and listen!' I growl back ignoring him

"Really Alpha?" Nathaniel answers, shocked.

"Yes, only if I can speak to you as soon as you get here!"

The other end of the line is quiet, like he is debating whether or not to tell me. It must be a big secret if he has to hesitate, "Yes Alpha, as long as you are understanding." he replies with a sigh.

"Fine. You can come on the 21st. You may stay as long as you like. How many if you are coming?"

"Only four Alpha. Thank you so much." Nathaniel thanked.

"No problem, I will tell my border to let you through." I answer.

"Thank you again Alpha Ryker, see you in a few days." He ends the call.

I stare back at my beloved mate. She rested against me, her light body, not even taking up a quarter of the bed. She was so small and adorable. I would love her forever, even if she didn't love me.

I got up and undressed, slipping under the covers in my boxers and pulled Ylva close.

"What secrets are you hiding?" I whispered, more to myself than her. I inhaled the scent I came to love before drifting off with Ylva in my arms. The way it should be.