Thirty Six • Why Did I Do This? ✔️

Chapter Thirty Six
———

Ylva

I was in wolf form, slowly padding my way towards my Gran's home. Every scent, every tree became familiar. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, and they only thing that was bothering me was Lucine's constant whining.

'Please, Ylva! Please turn back!' Lucine pleaded.

Lucine has been non-stop begging. She's been pleading me to turn back and go home. But I can't. I have to do this. For Ryker and for the pack. Blake was threatening me and threatening everyone I loved and cared about. Even if I couldn't kill him and his gang myself, I would still protect the pack. I would use my Lycus wolf to be the Luna that everyone wants me to be - but a Luna that doesn't constantly need an Alpha.

I know Ryker's going to be so mad when he reads the letter. Yes, I know, it was probably the most stupidest idea ever of writing a note, telling him where I've gone, but Misty wouldn't stop whining and speaking to him face to face wouldn't accomplish anything. I just hope Raiden doesn't kill me.

'No Lucine, I've told you. We are doing this for Ryker and our pack!' I hissed.

'No, Ylva! This is a trap. You're getting everyone in more danger because your following Blake's orders!' She cried.

'Lucine! Why don't you understand my reasons?'

'Because you're making a bad decision! Please, just listen to me!' Lucine whimpered.

'No, Lucine!' I yelled, and blocked her out, 'If I meet him, I can put an end to his plans - the least I can do is attempt to stop him.'

'Ylva, honey, you should listen to your vampire!' My mother's voice echoed through my mind so suddenly that I almost jumped out of my fur.

'Seriously, Mum? Please, let me handle this!'

'But, Ylva-'

'No, Mum.' I blocked her out as well and continued on.

It was gradually growing darker and daker. I had been out all day and Misty and Lucine were becoming more on edge, still begging me to go back. The hair on the back of my neck stood up, and everywhere felt eerie. I spun around whilst walking forward, looking up at the stars. Everything looked so beautiful and peaceful yet so creepy.

Nothing felt right.

What if this really was a trap? What if I was bait to bring in the kill? What if Blake wanted to use my Luna position and abuse it to trap Ryker? Blake did say he wanted to be an Alpha...

'P-Please Ylva. Turn back. Now!' Lucine screamed.

I froze in my position and sniffed the air, before turning to look my surroundings. Blood and fire swarmed around me. Misty whined lowly, slowly pushing forward to back up. We looked around wildly; the stench of fear and death surrounding us. People were killed, scattered randomly around. I saw their lifeless eyes, glaring at me and something in those dead eyes told me to run, go home.

I took off sprinting, running back. Bones snapping cause my attention and I glanced around to see five other wolves chasing me. My eyes widened slightly and I picked up the paced, using my hybrid speed. Three more wolves came to the sides of me, blocking my exit. Great! Eight wolves! I came to a halt as they surrounded my form and I let out a warning growl, telling them to back off as they stalked forward.