Fifty One • Pretty Damn Lucky Lycus✔️

Chapter Fifty One
———

Ryker

Everyone in the room seemed to breathe in a sigh of relief when Ylva suddenly bolted up from whatever nightmare she was experiencing. Multiple cheers were floating around the room and happy tears were now pouring but Ylva's hand shook in my grasp.

"I-I... Ryker?" She whispered, turning to face me. Her violet gems were wide and fearful, unshed tears residing in them.

"Sh, Ylva. It's okay, I got you. Nothing will happen to you anymore." I whispered, wrapping an arm around her as I sat up on her bed. She curled into to my side, still shivering slightly.

"I love you, Rykes." Ylva sniffed, gripping hold of my shirt.

"I love you too, baby girl." I replied.

"I told you they had nicknames for each other!" Gracie grinned, punching Reece's arm. My Beta looked at me apologetically before dragging his mate out, not before a quick wave goodbye.

I stood up, scooping my mate into my arms before wandering through the pack house. I made my way up to our room and I pushed open the door, laying back on the bed with Ylva still in my hold. I placed her down on my lap, running my hand through her hair. Her body visibly relaxed when my scent surrounded her and I smiled slightly but frowned again when I saw her frame properly away from the covers of the hospital bed.

Abused, beaten, weak - but still my gorgeous mate. I pulled off the rags she had on, and wrapped her in the dovet. The sheets outlined each of her perfect curves, and her thin body snuggled deep under the covers, her body shivering. I sighed before I got under myself, wrapping her naked body close, inhaling her intoxicating scent.

Raiden purred at the thought of his mate back, safe and sound, 'She's mine and mine only! And bastard who touches her will die.' He hissed, pulling Ylva closer to us.

'I know. I'm never letting her out my sight again.' I spoke, watching her sleep. Ylva's eyes fluttered open and her eyes met mine. Guilt, anger and sadness flashed through them, alarming me, "What's wrong, baby girl?" I asked, pulling back a bit so I could see her properly.

Ylva ran a hand through her hair, looking at the strands in disgust when she noticed the brown curl at the bottom. Her eyes became teary as she stared up at me again.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked again.

Ylva inhaled a shaky breath, "I-I killed people." she whispered. Was she really that effected by it?

'Shut up and listen! Our mate is hurt!' Raiden snapped.

"You were protecting yourself." I told her.

"Yeah... but anger was running through me. My eyes were black. And then I had these dreams but they felt like nightmares about someone called Nigel." Ylva's innocent eyes looked at me again.

I must've been silent because it wasn't king before she spoke again, "Ryker, who's Nigel?"

My body tensed. Nigel. I hated the name. It sickened me every time I heard it. I'm glad he's gone - he didn't belong in this world. I felt a soft touch to my cheek, and my body instantly calmed down. Ylva's eyes were closed, as if she was straining herself against something.

"Ylva, what's wrong?" I asked.

"Y-Your grip." she whispered, hoarsely. I gasped and retracted my claws from her hips.

"Sorry, baby." I kissed her head, making her breathing hitch.

"I-Its okay, Ryker." her stutter made me nervous. Did Blake do something to her? "Who's Ryker?" She repeated, much more confident this time.

"He was... someone I had a run in with when I was young. It's not a happy story." I muttered, "I don't want to talk about it." My mate nodded in understanding but I could tell she wanted to push further. I sighed, cupping her cheek, "When the time is right, I'll tell you. Just not now."

She seemed to accept the answer and nodded before I spoke up again, "Hey, uh, Ylva... Can I ask you a question?" I asked gently, it was probably a sore topic for her.

"It's about what happened when I was gone, isn't it?" Ylva sighed, looking down. I caught her eyes staring at my abs and a small smirk pride itself onto my lips. But it was quickly washed away when I focused back on the real topic.

I nodded, "Yes. But if it's too much then-"

"No." Ylva cut me off, "It needs to be done. Just... I don't want to now."

I hugged her tightly, trying to calm her from her nerves, "You don't need to be scared about how I will react. He's gone." I whispered.

"Okay, but on one condition." Ylva hesitated. I raised an eyebrow curiously. "If I tell you what happened with Blake, you tell me who Nigel is."

My breathing hitched again, but my mate had my trust. I nodded, "Okay, deal." Ylva slipped out of bed, giving me a perfect view of her ass.

"Oi! Eyes are up here!" Ylva hissed, spinning around. I trailed my eyes up slowly, taking in everything of my mate. She still looked beautiful in every way. Ylva cleared her throat loudly, making me flinch and meet eye contact. "I'm going to take a shower first because I need to wash everything off me." I nodded and she walked into the bathroom. I sighed and rolled out of bed.

Ylva

God. How can I tell him? I know he said not to be scared, but I'm terrified. I feel as though my heart was going to burst out my chest. I scrubbed in some hair shampoo, cleaning my hair thoroughly. I haven't showered in ages, and it's disgusting. My hair is all manky and my body felt filthy even though I smelt clean.

How can Ralph still love me? I have millions of bruises and scars, I stink and I'm weak. My bones could practically break if some just tapped on them and my eyes are a dull purple, not the vibrant violet they used to be!

'Our mate will love is no matter what!' Misty said, itching her ear. Even she is filthy. I really need to let her out soon to wash.

'Ryker and Raiden don't care that you're covered in scars, or that you're weaker at the moment. He knows you're the strongest person he's ever met. He will never stop loving us. Raiden told me.' Lucine yelped in joy, her love blooming again. I rolled my eyes at her lovey dovey stance.

I gasped as masculine hands wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to a warm, strong chest. I smiled and leaned back, enjoying the sparks that once again ran through us.

"I've missed you." Ralph whispered against my skin, kissing my neck, "So much."

"I've missed you too." I whimpered back, biting my lip to stop myself from sighing when his teeth nipped at my mark. I was gently pushed against the shower wall, making me shiver at the coldness. Ryker pinned my hands above my head and leaned down. Our lips collided and if felt like the first time all over again.

Sparks flew and my stomach flipped.

Ryker was my mate; my alpha.

And I was his mate; the alpha's mate. The soon to be Luna of the Golden Raven pack. The blue wolf? Or vampire? Who know. All I know is that I was a pretty damn lucky Lycus.