Twenty Six • Possession or Obsession ✔️

Chapter Twenty Six
———

Ryker

Raiden had Ylva's scruff in his mouth as we were walking back through the forest, away from Ylva's Gran. I growled in annoyance, 'She's going to be so pissed at you when she wakes up!' I said.

'Well, I'm so pissed at her at the moment. How dare she run away like that!'

'Sometimes I think you are too possessive.' I sighed and stared at her apparent brother. Raiden gave me the control and we shifted back, carrying Ylva's wolf in our arms, "Are you her real brother?"

"Yes." he mumbled, staring at Ylva almost apologetically.

"How do you know this?"

"We have the same parents." He said in a 'duh' tone, causing me to send a warning growl. He sighed, "We are twins. But I have more vampire whereas Ylva has more wolf, like our Dad." He sighed, stumbling weakly over tree roots as Reece kept his hold on him.

"But why have you never come to find her?" I asked. I saw his eyes flash guilt and sadness.

"It was to protect her."

My full attention was now on Clyde. His body features slumped when he talked about having to protect Ylva and I noticed his eyes fill with water, as if he was remembering something he didn't want to know, "Protect her from what?" I asked, craddling Ylva as she shifted back to human form. She made Raiden so mad. I thought at one point he was going to kill her!

'I would never dare!' He hissed.

'Yeah but now you've probably frightened the life out of her!' Her slight shiver told me that Lucine and Misty were afraid too. I never wanted my mate to be afraid of me. Where has 'us' gone?

'Misty isn't speaking to me.' he whimpered.

'Yeah because you hurt her, threatened her family and almost killed her!' I yelled.

"From the men." Clyde eventually answered.

"What men?"

He sighed. I saw his muscles tense as he glared at me. If Clyde wasn't Ylva's brother he would be dead, "The men that abused her!" He yelled. "Men that killed our parents in front of her, the ones who basically ruined her childhood!" He snapped.

I froze and stared down at my mate. She's been through more than shes told. Ylva kept something that big from me?

'She was afraid.' Raiden said.

'And you know this... how?' I snarled.

'One, it's obvious and two, Lucine's talking to me.' he sighed, 'A bit.'

"I couldn't protect her. I know I was younger but..." Clyde sniffed. He suddenly shifted. He has a wolf? I thought he was mostly vampire.

"How do you have a wolf?" I stared down at a smaller version of Ylva's wolf, at least half the size. But he had more black in his fur.

'I don't know.' Clyde sighed through the link, 'Forgive me for shifting. Sometimes I can't control it.'

I looked towards the pack house, where we were running towards. It was quiet when we arrived, most likely everyone was asleep. I knew Ylva would hate me even more if I made her brother sleep in the cells, "You can sleep in a guest room across from your cousin." I sighed.