Chapter 33

Authors POV

When Fabian left, he snuck to the entrance where the crept was and climbed through. Nina had in fact been there because the door was left wide open, which was supposed to be locked. He paced around, thinking about what he should do. Should he go back? Should he confront Nina on his own? Neither would be any use to him. He decided to  go back through the passage way to the tunnels and walk toward the library passage way.

When he got there, he climbed through the tiny door and stood by the book case entrance to see if anyone was in there; and in fact there was.
It was Victor, Mara, Amber, and Caleb that he could see.

"Where is your girl friend of a peasant?" Victor yelled at Caleb.

"She's out searching! And don't talk about her that way! She's under our control now! And I'm the leader here, father." Caleb yelled in his face.

Girlfriend? Fabian thought.

"Where could they be?" Caleb paced back and forth throughout the library.

Fabian didn't know why they were there and not at the gatehouse. There was nothing in the library but the old books donated by the Frobisher Smyths.

"I don't know, why don't you go help that rodent of a girl your trusting to-" Victor started but was cut off by Nina bursting though the room.

"Nina!" Caleb ran over to and kissed.

Fabians face turned red as he began to grit his teeth and tighten his jaw. WHAT IS GOING ON?!? He thought.

"Did you find anything?" Caleb asked.

"No, not one thing. I've checked the house, the cellar, the attic, the school, upper school-"

"Okay we get it!" Victor yelled at her, cutting her off.
She looked toward Caleb with anger.

"Sorry about him, Nina, but we need to find them." He told her. "I need Eddie. Only with him will we be able to bring Ammut to her final glory on earth."

"I thought that I was the powerful one?" She asked.

"Yes, but with Eddie we can rule not only this world, but the underworld as well." Caleb smirked.

"Your so evil." She laughed and kissed him like her life depended on it. I mean it's like she was enjoying it; but Fabians reaction was much much different. He wasn't angry anymore. More like disgusted with the side of anger. Although he knew that Nina was Nina anymore.

"FIND THEM!" Victor doomed and caused them to jump, and Mara and Amber stood there stiff as a soldier.

"For the last time, father, I am in charge!! Now STOP yelling at her!" Caleb yelled back at Victor as Nina went toward the door.

"I'm gonna go check the gatehouse. I know what your thinking but maybe they are there there." She said and walked out of the library and headed to the gatehouse.

Fabian sneaked back down the secret passage that lead to the library, and stood back up to his feet. What was going on? Since when did Nina like fat jerks and evil rats? Although, she was under Caleb's control, but Fabian knew that he had to do something about this. Nina was all he could think about and to see her kissing him made him realize the sooner he saved her, the sooner he would absolutely KILL Caleb.

Fabian went further up to the mask chamber where he found the old senet board, with the Jackle heads on some of the blocks,and of course the actual mask of Anubis. As he leaned on the wall, he remember what happened to Nina while they were forced to play that game.

"It's okay Fabian, I trust you." Nina smiled. Fabian had given her an order, as he sat in the head chair, to step on one of the blocks with the Jackle head on it.
He smiled back and she stepped on the cursed block and the Anubis statue turned the opposite direction. Nina and the other cheered, but then the statue turned toward Nina and she fell through the floor.

"Nina!" Amber and Patricia yelled.

"Nooo!!" Fabian griped his hair and banged his fist on the chair.

Fabian remembered this faint and tragic moment, but luckily he was able to rescue Nina with the help of Joy.

"I thought I might find you here" Eddie suddenly said from behind.

Fabian quickly turned around, Eddie had almost given him a heart attack.

"E-Eddie! I can explain." Fabian said nervously.

"It's okay. I understand." He walked closer to him. "I know how you feel Fabian. Not necessarily from a boyfriends perspective but Nina was like my sister and I loved her as well." He leaned on the wall beside Fabian.

"But Eddie, she's under their control. Her and Caleb are practically married." Fabian said disgusted.

"What are you talking about?" Eddie asked.

"I found where they were–Caleb, Nina, Mara, Amber, and Victor– they were in the library and Nina is apparently Caleb's new "honey". I mean she was practically swallowing him by kissing him." Fabian said.

"Ugh." Eddie made a barfing sound. "Well do you know where they are going next?" He asked.

"Well Nina's going to the gatehouse to look for us." He told him.

"But why?" Eddie wondered.

"They're looking for you. They said that if and when they find you, they will take you under control and Ammut with walk in earth again." Fabian explained. There was a moment of silence. Eddie didn't know what to do. Fabian was trying not to go murder Caleb. But was Nina really under they're control? Or was she faking it to spear her life? Eddie thought. He remembered when Frobisher tried to turn him into a sinner and it obviously didn't work because he is the Orsirian.

"Fabian!" Eddie broke the silence.
Fabian looked up. "I don't think Nina is being controlled!" He said excitingly.

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"Because when I was captured by Frobisher, he couldn't turn me because I had part of Orsis in me! Well I does Nina!" He jumped.

"So your telling me that Nina is faking just so she can protect us?" Fabian asked.

"That's exactly what I'm saying." Eddie smiled real big like an idiot.

"Well what are you waiting for? Let's go!" Fabian smiled and they took off towards the gatehouse.

•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•|•
Okay I am like the worst kind of person! I know I messaged Love_Grande and told her I was sorry but you have no idea how much running I have done this week! I've had 6 exams, a couple of quizzes, working for my mom, and then I have to sing in 2 different kinds of programs! I am so sorry you guys. I never meant to leave you like that but I worked really hard on this today and I hope it makes up for it. Also this week is Thanksgiving break so after tomorrow I will be updating a lot more! I promise! But again I'm so sorry and I hope you all will forgive me! I'll see you in the next chapter! Sibuna