Chapter 10: Revenge on hold...

Celestia and Severus skipped the dinner and went back to Hogwarts, she walked towards the headmistress's office. She knocked on the door. Dorothy and Minerva were relaxing and sipping firewhiskey. "Come in." Minerva said as she set her glass down. Celestia walked in behind her was Severus. Celestia had tears in her eyes, Dorothy immediately got up and walked towards her granddaughter. "Celestia, what's wrong? Say something darling!"

"Grandma, mother... she's...no more..." Dorothy's eyes widened. "NO, no....it can't be. NO, she can't." Dorothy's glass dropped from her hand and shattered on the floor. Dorothy almost dropped to her knees, but Celestia held her. "I know it's tough to take it, but she's gone now." Dorothy was crying she couldn't take it any longer, "My child, my child....Victoria..." She cried on Celestia's shoulder. After a few minutes went by Minerva helped Dorothy back into her seat. Dorothy's vision was blurred because of the tears, She yet couldn't believe it. As they say when you lose a spouse you become a widow or a widower, if you lose a parent you become an orphan but when you lose a child, what do you become? The pain is just agonizing. She turned to look at Celestia, she seemed to be having a hold on herself, then she saw Severus place a hand on Celestia's shoulder. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, GET AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!" Celestia immediately turned to her grandmother, "Grandma, please. Calm down." Dorothy got up and moved towards Severus she held him by his collar, "Are you happy now she's dead, are you? She did everything you asked her to do, and in return you killed her, you killed her every dream. How can you live with yourself? Get out of here and don't you dare come near my granddaughter again!" She pushed Severus. "STOP IT GRANDMA, IT ISN'T HIS FAULT." Celestia walked towards Severus, "I need to calm her, Please leave for now, I will meet you later. Once she's settled." He nodded then left the room. Minerva and Celestia walked Dorothy to her room; they stayed there until she finally fell asleep, "Celestia, I'm really sorry for your loss. Why don't you go to your room and rest, I will be here with Dorothy, don't you worry child. Everything will be fine." Celestia nodded in agreement, "Thank you Headmistress, I think I should probably take grandma away from here for a few days. Maybe that will help her. Also I think a funeral should be done." Minerva hugged the girl. Celestia left and walked towards the dungeons. She walked to Severus's door, she raised her hand to knock but stopped mid-way. She decided to go to her room instead. Although revenge was on her list, right now she needed her alone time, her time to grieve.

She entered her room and walked to the kitchen she opened a bottle of firewhiskey, no today she wasn't going to need a glass. Numbing her pain was all that was required at the moment. She plopped on the sofa she tipped the bottle drinking the fiery liquor. Her eyes were still moist. She closed her eyes.

-Flashback-

"Mom, why do I have to go back to that muggle school. I don't want to please."
"We are not having another argument on this Celly, you have to learn school is very important. Just one more year darling then we will be together, you can come back and we can live here. But for now please pack your bag. You leave tomorrow." Celestia looked at her mother, "You don't care about me, you don't care about anyone but yourself! Maybe father was right to leave you!" Victoria slapped Celestia for her outburst. "How dare you say that!"

"Well the truth hurts mother, doesn't it?"
"Whatever you may think of me Celly let me tell you I love your father and you very dearly. And what I'm doing is for your benefit, don't you dare argue with me on something you are not even aware of." Celestia laughed, "You cannot love anyone you're so selfish, I don't ever want to see your face again."
"Good, then you won't pack your bag I'm leaving you to your grandmother's place. She will take you to your boarding school tomorrow." Victoria looked at her then walked out of the room.

Celestia packed her bag and walked out of the house, Victoria apparated to her mother's house with Celestia. She removed Victoria's hand from her arm and walked towards the door.