Chapter 25: Lucas Dorn

Celestia was expecting it to be Severus but when she turned her world came crashing. "Lucas what are you doing here?"
Well as they say it's almost impossible to forget your first crush, your first love, your first kiss and if they happen to be one person...god bless you. Celestia immediately got up waiting for him to respond. He smirked. "Saving you from the winter chill." Celestia raised her eyebrow. "You very well know what I am talking about." Lucas walked towards her and hugged her. Celestia froze, she almost returned the hug but stopped herself. "Come on lets go in you are freezing."

"I am not interested to attend that ball!"
Lucas turned. "Don't worry I am staying here for a few days my room is just on the second floor." Celestia was perplexed.
"Wh-what? Why?" Lucas pulled her towards the entrance of the mansion. "Well, I am a distant relative of the Prince family. They invite me here every year so I decided I would finally attend it this year and I am glad I did!" they walked towards the Staircase. Celestia couldn't stop staring at him, he was still the same. His devilish charm the one she fell for. That smirk on his face the one she adored. And the warmth she once felt. She pushed those thoughts aside, wait had he said his room was on the second floor and he was a distant relative of Prince, could anything get worse than this. She thought.

"Ah Lucas, I am so glad you could make it to the Christmas Ball this year. Come on join us in the ballroom and Miss Hamilton you should as well." Mrs. Uptight Prince literally ordered them. Lucas And Celestia walked towards the ballroom she returned his jacket. Lucas offered his arm which she hesitantly took and they entered the ballroom, the moment they did a pair of black eyes seemed to bore into the couple. Celestia looked towards Severus who seemed to be scowling at them. She ignored it. Celestia was greeted by Narcissa. Lucas excused himself and had joined Mrs. Prince.
"Its so nice to see you, Celestia." Narcissa smiled Celestia returned the smile. "How do you know Lucas?" Narcissa didn't waste time she went straight for it. Celestia was a bit taken aback by that. "He's an old friend."

"He seems more than that dear, don't try to protest it." Celestia looked down fidgeting with her hands. "I am surprised weren't Severus and you dating?" Celestia looked up she again couldn't answer this because of the vow. So she just shrugged. "Dear you better speak up because I don't think you are quite aware why this so called Christmas ball is held. I have seen how Severus looks at you and as a matter of fact how he is looking at you right this very moment. It's same old love isn't it?" Celestia searched for Severus and she finally caught his attention, he was standing with Serena who seemed to be telling him something but his entire attention was towards Celestia. She then saw him walking towards them. But before he could Lucas walked towards them. "Sorry to leave you like that." Celestia huffed it wasn't the first time he had done it.
"Hello Narcissa thank you for keeping her company." Narcissa smiled. "Why don't you be a sweetheart and get her a drink Lucas." Lucas furrowed his brows, "She doesn't drink Narcissa."

"Lucas that was history, ancient infact! I do drink now. And I wouldn't mind one right now, firewhiskey." Lucas was a bit fuddled but he nodded and walked towards the bar. Severus approached them Narcissa took the hint and excused herself. "How do you know him and what was that all about?" Severus spoke in a dangerously low tone. "Why should I tell you, why don't you go meet new girls and dance around with Serena, love." Celestia said as she emphasized on the word love the same way Serena had spoken. Severus grabbed her hand and pulled her to the dance floor. "I had told you to save me your first dance and now I shall have it." His grip was too tight Celestia tried to free herself but she wouldn't be able to do it without creating a scene so she gave up. The moment she stopped fidgeting Severus' grip loosened slightly but he held her close, one hand around her hers while the other around her waist. The music played.

 The music played