Chapter 18: Under a spell?

Severus was sitting in the potions classroom, signing a few documents as now he was the deputy headmaster. Celestia was helping him sort out the potions, arranging them and writing down all the ingredients and their quantities after all she was his assistant and perhaps something else, but now that he tolerated her company in fact enjoyed it, she was given more somber work rather than cleaning the floor like she had done the first time she became his assistant. Also Severus was the one who had reminded her of her duty as his assistant and also for the first time he actually wanted someone to help him, rather than being snobbish he asked her to help him. Celestia placed the last ingredient in the cabinet and wrote the quantity, she walked towards the desk where Severus was sitting. She waited there but Severus was too busy to notice. She cleared her throat, he looked up.

"The sorting and writing of the quantities of the potions is done, also the list of all the ingredients required is made

"The sorting and writing of the quantities of the potions is done, also the list of all the ingredients required is made." He nodded then got back to what he was doing, "Severus I need to go I have to run a few errands. Is it alright if I leave, or do you need help in something?"
"You are free to go." Celestia walked towards the door she looked back to see Severus busy going through the documents. She walked towards him and went behind the desk, she bent down and tenderly placed a kiss on his pale cheek. Severus stopped what he was doing and looked towards her. Celestia smiled and walked to the door, "Have fun working!" She closed the door behind her. Severus smiled, the things she did that made him feel happy, more human rather than a dungeon bat!

 Severus smiled, the things she did that made him feel happy, more human rather than a dungeon bat!

Celestia walked towards the gate and apparated to Diagon Alley. Snow flurrying down the streets. She swiftly walked towards the Daily Prophet office. She entered the building and made her way to the reception as she dusted off the snow from her coat, "Sarah, is Mr. Cuffe in his office." The receptionist nodded. Celestia thanked her and made her way to his office, she didn't bother knocking she entered then used the muffliato charm on the door. She turned to look at Mr. Cuffe staring at her. "Celestia its so good to see you, would you like something tea, coffee, perhaps fire whiskey?!"
"Cut the formalities although I wouldn't mind a glass of fire whiskey but that's not why I'm here, why couldn't you have told me that Rita Skeeter was blackmailing you? How could you tell her about me, oh please don't  look at me like that I know it all. She couldn't have possibly been there she lied to me, trying to show me a fake memory. Obviously it was you who told her about me and now she's blackmailing me!" Cuffe looked at her and sighed. "Have a seat child. Let me explain." Celestia sat down in the chair. He magically made two glasses appear as they filled halfway through with fire whiskey. Celestia grabbed her glass and took a swig, then she looked at him to get an explanation for his doings.