Chapter 28: Of Friends and Foes

Severus opened the envelope to be greeted with a wedding invitation, "Finally the boy decides to marry, Again! God bless the girl." Severus kept the invite on the desk and opened the letter.

Dearest Severus,

I promise you this is final, Draco has decided to settle down again and we didn't give him enough time to break this one. We will be more than happy if Celestia and you could join us on the 31st of December at the Malfoy Manor. A small ceremony will be held. Only close friends and family are invited. I know you must be wondering the last time what happened with Celestia, please have faith in me it will not happen again. Meet me in Twilfitt and Tatting's at 5 in the evening I really need your help.

Still your only friend,

Narcissa Malfoy.

Severus crumpled the letter and tossed it in the bin, but the letter flew from the bin back to his table and without any wrinkles, "Damn it Narcissa!" he kept the letter inside the desk drawer and bundled up the other letters on the desk which he had received he was about to leave when Minerva walked inside the classroom, "Severus, I have been meaning to talk to you about something." Severus looked up, "Please do headmistress." Minerva frowned, "How many times do I have to tell you we are colleagues please call me Minerva!" Severus sighed.

"Anyway I am here to talk about Celestia and you. I'm here on Dorothy's request, There are a few things I wanted, well she wants to know about your current relationship with her granddaughter." Severus rolled his eyes. "Can this wait until after the holidays, I just came here to collect my letters." Minerva looked towards him, "I think you can spare 5 minutes of your time over this." Severus sighed then nodded.

"First of it is important for me to know if you do have feelings for her, the thing that happened with Victoria is making Dorothy dubious about your relationship with Celestia." Severus flipped through the letters, "What happened with Victoria was different. I never shared those feelings but for Celestia my feelings are real." Minerva went to ask him something but he stopped her, "I exactly know what you are thinking, our age difference, me being a previous deatheater, but Celestia knows it and she still chooses to be with me. And where her past is concerned I will never hold it against her. She may have been a different person in the past but so was I and it doesn't matter. Our relationship is quite fragile at the moment, I have never seen anyone as confused as her, she said she wont continue the relationship if her grandmother doesn't approve of it. But at the same time she tells me a different story. Sometimes I wonder if we really are in a relationship. All the same I still love her for what she is even when she is confused..."