Chapter 12: A starry night to remember.

"SEVERUS, What are you doing here?" Celestia lowered her wand and sat down. "I thought I would come to visit you I heard Mrs. Devereux left for France. So I requested the headmistress to allow me to accompany you back to Hogwarts." Celestia quickly turned to look at her study the door was locked she sighed. "Sure tomorrow we can leave. Also can I ask you a question, how did you enter my house?"
"You must have left in a hurry you did not ward your house." Severus smirked, "Tomorrow at what time would you like to leave?"
"After lunch. I have some work. I will meet you here by 4pm." Celestia seemed unsettled which Severus noticed.
"What work?" Severus asked, "I have to meet Mr. Cuffe regarding a case so I will meet you after that."
"How about we go for lunch after you meet Mr. Cuffe."
"NO! Look I have some work with him then I have to go somewhere I will meet you at 4pm." Severus looked at her, "Why are you getting upset, I just thought... anyway see you at four. Goodbye. " Severus started walking towards the door. Celestia got up and ran, she hugged him from behind. "I'm sorry, I am just worked up!" Severus turned and hugged her, "If you don't tell me your problems how will I help you?" She looked at him, "I had a fight with grandma then she left. She hates me."
"I am assuming the fight took place because of me?" Celestia nodded. "She can never hate you, in fact no one can hate you!" She looked at him in confusion, "Is that so No one hates me, really?" Severus smiled, "How can anyone hate you, you're so beautiful, so lovely, so gorgeous..."
"Oh I see. Severus Snape you are officially off your rockers!!" he started laughing. "Only for you." At this Celestia blushed. Severus raised his hand and caressed her cheek with his knuckles. "So goodbye because if I don't leave now, I may not leave at all." He gave her a quick kiss and then apparated.
Celestia sighed when he left. "That was close, I can't afford to make him upset! You can come out now." A dark figure stepped out of the shadows the same person with the mask. "That was quite a show! I think you should try for Wizard school for dramatics." Celestia walked towards him, "What information do you have?"He took out a file and handed it to her, "This should tell you everything." Celestia took the file and flipped through. "It seems that the neighbours of Tobias Snape lodged several complains about violence taking place. But whenever the police went to ask Eileen Snape she denied all of them. Not just that they were found dead soon after, it seems Tobias killed his wife because he thought she was having an affair. He stabbed her to death, and then killed himself with poison. Their child at that time was at a boarding school. When Severus was asked about his father's crime, he told the police he was abusive and frequently used to beat his mother and him. After that Severus was sent to his grandmother Mrs. Prince." Celestia opened the door to her study and walked in putting the files on the desk she moved to open the drawer then removed a pouch from it. "Thank you, I won't be needing your service anymore." She gave him the pouch.
"If you do ever need it you know where to find me." Celestia nodded. She sat in the study going through the police reports.

The next morning she woke up to find that she was still in the study. She got up and got dressed and left for the Ministry of Magic. She walked inside avoiding any eye contact as possible she made her way to the basements where the files were placed. She walked towards a door it opened to reveal a set of key holes. She looked at the key in her hand it magically floated towards the key hole and with a click the door opened, the door slid back to reveal a colossal room full of files. She walked in towards the file section for the year 1995-1998. A lot of lives were lost in these years but also several wizards had been registered in the system, so that girl would definitely be on the list somewhere. She moved the files so they were all together from the year 1995 to 1998 she took out her wand and pointed towards the files, "Effingo!" the files copied themselves and stored in her wand. She quietly walked out of the file sections and out of the Ministry of Magic. She apparated to her house. Thankfully Severus had not yet arrived, she strode towards the study and lined up blank papers then with a move of her wand all the information stored in it transferred on to the papers. It took her hours together to find anything, so many deaths, so many wizards and witches. She manually searched. After hours of search she finally got the girl. "Found you, Serena!" She took out her file she was listed under the missing witches and wizards. There was a knock on her door, Celestia immediately hid the files and locked the study before opening the main door.