Chapter 24: Christmas Ball

Severus and Celestia were enjoying the lovely scenic view, time flew by quickly and soon it was dark. "We must head back before my grandmother comes to know that we are missing." Celestia agreed with that they apparated right outside Prince estate.

Bernhard finally found them, "Where had you two been, Mrs. Prince was enquiring about you both and she's not happy about it!" Severus heaved a sigh. He looked towards Celestia, "We are done for it!" they walked inside the house and at the entrance Mrs. Prince was in the middle of the sitting room. She looked intently at the couple and her gaze moved towards their hands, they were holding hands. Severus immediately let go of Celestia's hand. "Another rule broken. And it's not even 24 hours since you arrived here Miss Hamilton." Celestia looked at her in confusion.

"No one leaves the mansion without my permission, since you didn't know Miss Hamilton I will let this one pass. But Severus was very well aware of it. Hence Severus you won't be joining us for dinner." Celestia looked awestruck. "He only came out because of me, it's not his fault." Mrs. Prince walked towards the dining room, "Very well then Miss Hamilton you may join Severus' punishment then." Celestia was shocked she looked towards Severus, "Is this what Azkaban feels like?" Severus turned to look at her, "No, this one is much worse, there atleast the dementors suck out all your happiness in one go. But here it's like slow poison." They both walked towards their rooms.

"Severus, has your grandmother completely forgotten you are 50 years old and not a kid!" Severus looked at her wide eyed, "You think I am 50 years old???"

"Wait are you more than 50? Perhaps 55? Or 60?" She tried her best to control her laughter and Severus noticed it, "You're just wretched go to your room!" Celestia laughed and entered her room. She felt like she was in boarding school. She decided if she wasn't going to be having dinner then she might as well sleep early.

"Carina make sure you lock the kitchen they will not at any cost enter the kitchen they need to understand the consequences of breaking the rules. Is that understood?" Carina nodded. "I can't believe how distracted Severus has become because of that girl."

It was nearing 12 o'clock Carina locked the door to the kitchen and walked towards Severus' room. She knocked on it. Severus was about to fall asleep but he heard a knock, he opened the door. Carina walked inside with a tray. She placed the tray on the small table. "I sneaked a little food for you and Miss Hamilton incase you both were hungry. Once you finish eating it keep the tray in your room I will collect it in the morning." Severus looked at her, "Thank you Carina."
Carina smiled, "You know something Severus, you remind me a lot of your mother, she was a lovely woman. But some decisions just destroy your life." Severus looked down, "I was one of those decisions." Carina walked towards him. "Never ever say that your mother was very proud of you. You were the best thing that happened to her in a very long time, she wrote to me quite often. She was just heartrending that she couldn't offer you the life you deserved. Now I better leave before your grandmother catches me. Have a good night Severus. Don't worry, there's enough for both of you." Carina left the room. Severus was very much blessed to have Carina she was like his mother very caring.

  Celestia tossed and turned in her bed but sleep was nowhere near her because her stomach wouldn't let her sleep. "Damn it you just had a piece of cake and coffee a few hours before grow up!" she said looking to her stomach which protested by grumbling. She got up frustrated. "Maybe if I sneak into the kitchen and grab a bite..." She got up wore her robe and slowly walked towards the door she opened the door to see Severus outside with a tray he walked inside and kept the tray on the table. "Are you hungry?" Severus asked.             

   Celestia was to answer but her stomach answered it for her. Severus opened the covered tray it had two big sandwiches and a bottle of pumpkin juice with two glasses. They sat on the chairs and grabbed the sandwich. "How did you get the food?" Celestia asked as she tore apart the sandwich. "Carina brought it." They ate the sandwich and drank the juice they were really hungry. The clock in the mansion struck 12. Severus looked at Celestia, "Happy Christmas Miss Hamilton." Celestia smiled and walked towards the closet she opened it and removed a gift package and walked towards Severus. "Happy Christmas Severus." She gave him the gift. He wasn't expecting a gift, he took it and opened it.