Chapter 32: If only

It had been a week since the incident, Severus had not yet resumed his duty as the deputy Headmaster. He secluded himself to his home where he would drink every chance he got to forget it all, all those emotions once again. He was in his study gulping down another drink when a knock came at the door. "Severus, I know you are in there open up!" Narcissa's voice hit his ears, he ignored her completely continuing to refill his glass.

"Final warning Severus, then I will bust this door open, destroy your house to get in!" Severus put his glass on the desk in front of him and walked towards the door and opened it, "Go away." He said and was about to close the door when Narcissa pushed it open and walked inside. She looked around and saw the mess, furniture broken, a sour smell entered her nostrils. She gagged. "Severus, what have you done to this place?"

 He walked towards the study and resumed drinking

He walked towards the study and resumed drinking. Narcissa took out her wand and pointed towards the coffee table in the sitting area, "Reparo." The broken pieces moved together and joined seamlessly. She moved on to other items and fixed them as well. After about half an hour of fixing what Severus had broken she walked in the study, the odour of mustiness and alcohol was very strong. She covered her nose and mouth with her handkerchief. She walked in and opened all the windows, which is when she could breathe properly. "What is the matter with you? Have you completely lost your mind? This feels like a recurrence." It was the truth when Severus had opened his eyes after the Battle of Hogwarts he was utterly shocked to find himself alive. He realised he was in the Malfoy Manor, Trixy had helped revive Severus on Narcissa's orders. The bezoar and dittany had done the trick he was in shock, he the Potions Master himself hadn't thought he could survive with such mundane elucidations. He had vanished from the Manor without informing anyone, confining himself to his home, more like his study, drinking. That's when Narcissa had rescued him once again and now she could see him relapse.

"Severus, I cannot see you like this. You consider me as your friend then please tell me now what it is that's bothering you?" Severus looked at her.

"Nothing is bothering me, I just wanted to drink and be left alone." Narcissa vanished the bottles from the desk. "No, you are not drinking again, look around you. Look what you have done! You are destroying everything."

He smirked, "Oh so I am not entitled to destroying anything only others can do it to me?" Narcissa sighed.