Chapter Seventeen -- Going Out With A Boom

Copyright © 2014 Dulce Rebolledo

Ah.. It feels good to be back! Please read authors note at the end:) and enjoy!.. I made this chapter super long to make up for me not updating in like forever <3 ps: I didn't edit :P

Chapter Seventeen - Going out with a Boom

The trip took longer than six hours and that was simply because both Kevin and Logan grew restless in the car and wanted to stop every hour. I was so tired of being on the road all day that I wasn't even as excited to see that we had arrived at Ash's house and finally pulled up to the gated property.

"Ash, I think someone stole your house! I don't see anything but a road and trees." I point up ahead.

Frankie reaches up from the back seat and ruffles my hair, "Nessa, for a college student you sure are a bit naïve aren't you?"

"What? No! I was just saying, that there's no house there."

Ash laughs besides me, "this is just the entrance to the property. The actual house is through this pathway, in between the trees. Trust me, you'll notice when you see it."

I nodded my head and kept my eyes peered out the window as the gatekeeper let us through. There were so many trees; it felt like we were going out into the forest to camp. I turn to look at Ash, "we should go camping here sometime." He chuckled a little but said nothing.

Ash wasn't kidding when he said we'd notice when we got to the house. It was HUGE! There were pillars at the front of the house that made it look so... fancy! It made my little three-bedroom house look so puny. Super scary to know that this was only one of the houses Ash's family owned.

"That has got to be one of the sickest houses I've ever been invited to!" I could hear Kevin and Logan animatedly discussing Ash's house. I could almost see them drooling over it, kind of how I drooled over Ash's car the first time we hung out.

I smiled at the memory of it all. We definitely had a weird start with our friendship but it's been going strong ever since. "How many rooms does this thing have?" I asked him while still looking out the windshield.

"Well, this is one of the smaller houses we own. It has eleven bedrooms and thirteen bathrooms. We usually just use it a few times a year while we're on small vacations, so it's really small." I turned and stared at him for a good while. Out of the corner of his eye he looked at me and smiled, "you know, if you take a picture, it'll last longer." He winked and went back to driving.

"Hey! No flirting in the front seat." The boys screamed from the back seat, I turned around and stuck my tongue out at them, why? Just because I can. Ash chuckles as he parks the car in front of the house.

"We are officially here." We all get out of the car and start taking out our bags. And of course, me being me, I tripped while getting my bag out of the trunk. And landed squarely on my butt. After turning 20 shades of red, I dared to look up at the laughing boys in front of me.

"Nessa, it worries me that you have so little sense of coordination." Ash turns around to look at Frankie, "how has she made it this far?"

"Ha ha. Shut up, and lets finish getting all of our stuff out so I can finally take a nap."

"How are you going to take a nap? There's a party to prepare for!"

"No.. There's a party you two wanna go to. So you two prepare. I'm taking a nap and when I wake up I'm keeping an eye on you two." I give my brothers a disapproving look. Don't get me wrong, I'm okay with them partying, but sometimes alcohol makes you forget your common sense and then you end up marrying some random girl in Vegas.