Chapter Thirteen - Some Consideration?

Copyright © 2011 Dulce Rebolledo

Hola my Lovelys!! It’s been a long time but I was finally able to finish up this chapter for you guys!! I hope you like it =) make sure to vote and comment if you did =))

Oh and make sure to read the author’s note cuz I have a surprise for you all <3

This one's dedicated to Julie! Simply because I miss her <3 love ya hun =)

Janessa’s POV…

We we’re sitting in the living room, I cleared my throat for the millionth time when I noticed my brother’s death glares towards Ash. This situation was awkward in so many ways; Jo was sitting next to my brothers on the long couch while I was sitting with Ash on the smaller one, I needed to keep him as far away from my brothers as possible.

Jo had shown up and was talking about this battle of the bands that was going to take place in a couple of weeks. “So the grand prize is going to be ten thousand dollars in total, of course it’s going to be split up between the two bands who create the song mash up but it’s still good money. Anyways, Sam called me and asked me for a favor.”

I had a feeling that there was an ulterior motive for her showing up here and talking about battle of the bands to me, “and the favor might be…?”

“Ok you have to promise to at least consider it okay Nessa?” she looked at me with hopeful eyes. Crap, I have a feeling I know what it is she’s going to tell me, “She kind of wants to, you know… see if you could… maybe, possibly…consider, singing the lead vocals for the competition.”

I had to blink a couple of times, is she being serious? I left the band a year ago; I made a face at Jo, “you’re kidding right?” Jo shook her head.

I didn’t even get to answer her when Ash spoke up; “Wait lead vocals, you sing Janessa?” he turned to me.

Oh yeah huh, Ash was here. “Umm, yeah I kind of do… I’m not all that good though.”

“Are you kidding me? You have an insane voice Janessa! Not that good?” Jo turned to Ash and continued, “You have got to hear her sing; she’s amazing!”

Ash smiled, “so I’m guessing I’ll get to hear you sing at this battle of the bands event that’s going on?” 

Again I was interrupted before I was able to answer, but this time by Logan, “no because she’s not doing it.”  

“Logan, you can’t make her decisions for her. She can sing with the band for this one night, there’s nothing wrong with that.” Jo told Logan, and before Kevin was able to say anything in defense to Logan, she held up her hand, “nope, you can’t tell Nessa what to do either. She’s a twenty year old adult; she can make decisions on her own without having to discuss things with her two younger brothers,” she scolded.

I sat there and watched the scene before me, this was actually normal; having Jo scold my two brothers on who was the older sibling. No one in their right mind would go against my brothers when they said something concerning me, but Jo was one of the few who actually succeeded in opposing them. I heard a soft chuckle besides me and turned to see Ash looking at my bestie and brothers with an amused smile on his face. He looked so care free and normal, he looked like he belonged in this crazy house with us.

I shook my head to get rid of those ridiculous thoughts. He’s just having fun, nothing more. His carefree expression did make me smile, “having fun watching my brothers and Jo make fools of themselves?” I whispered.

He looked over at me with an even bigger smile then before, “I actually am,” he whispered back. “I’m an only child, so I’ve never seen bickering brothers before.”