Chapter Four : Abuse

Jessica in mm

Brooklyn

I've noticed a change in Marion . He's more distant and just .. not himself . He doesn't laugh and smile like he used to . I've noticed the change when the twins showed him that they were able to spell their names by memory . He complimented them but didn't seem thrilled . You know? Like a parent should be excited when their child is able to remember something and recite it without looking at anything but he was sorta neutral . Brione noticed his sarcasm and just walked away . I just shook my head at him . My kids aren't stupid . I'm raising them to notice people's reaction and surroundings .

We were now sitting at dinner . It's more of me and the kids having a conversation . He's eating his meal barely acknowledging us .

"Mom , I love my new teacher." Brione said as she bit into her chicken .

"Swallow your food before you speak." Marion scolded . He lifted an eyebrow with a stern mug on his face .

"Sorry daddy." She said softly .

I sighed .

"Mom , I need help on my homework." Bracen said .

I caught it . I caught the look that Bracen was telling me about . Marion lifted his head a little , glaring at Bracen with much hate while he ate his rice . He kept that gaze while he drunk his juice . I wasn't able to respond to Bracen . I was giving Marion the same look that he was giving my nephew . I was about to open my mouth to speak on it but I decided that we should talk about it personally . I didn't want the kids to witness my rage .

I can see the fear that was placed on Bracen's face . He broke his contact with Marion and began to stuff his food into his mouth . Marion evilly smirked but stop when he caught me looking at him . I shifted my head slightly to the left , furrowing my face a little .

"I'll help you Bracen ." I said still staring a hole into Marion .

"I'm finish." Bracen mumbled . He quickly got out of his seat and ran out the dining room .

"Can we go too?" Ba'Mier asks .

"Sure baby." I wiped my mouth with my napkin . They hurried down and ran .

"What the hell was that about?"

"What?" He shrugged .

"Don't fucking play with me. Why was you looking at him like that? You're trying to put fear into him or something?-"

"The fuck your talking about? How was I looking at him? I was just playing with him . You want him to grow up to be a lil punk?" He raised his voice .

I kept quiet only to observe him .

"That's on his punk ass!" He threw his napkin on the table as he stood . He glared at me as he left .

I bit the corner of my mouth to keep myself from lashing out . I stood up to take the dishes into the kitchen . I placed them in the sink when my phone began to ring .

I swiped to answer without properly reading the caller I.D

"Hello?" I answered .