Chapter Thirteen : Drunken Truth

Once I made it home , it was a struggle to figure out what I was going to wear tonight . I sat on my bed and contemplated through my wardrobe with my eyes . I couldn't quite concentrate because of the situation with my mother . It was all confusing and heart breaking . I just thought the best medicine for this is a night out and to just forget about the world .

I looked at the time and it was 8:54 . I wanted to meet Jamian before Marion gets home . I took a quick shower and washed my hair . I got out , dried my body then put on my undergarments . I walked through my closet debating through my dresses . I FaceTime Jessica to get some advice .

"Hey Brook." She greets when she picks up .

"Hey Jessi . I need your help." I turned the camera to the dresses that I had set out .

"Blue , purple , black and grey , or red?" I gave her the options . They were mini dresses but the red was strapless , the purple had sleeves , the black and grey were a long sleeve , and the blue had only one sleeve with a slit on the side .

"In the grey and black dress , your booty gone be popping girl!" She stated .

I laughed ."Wanna come out and help Jamian celebrate his birthday?" I turned the camera back on me .

"Sure." She shrugs .

"Well get dress . I'll be coming in a hour."

"Alright." With that being said , I ended the call .

I picked up the black and grey dress , throwing it on my bed . I decided to wear my black wedges , grey studs and black diamond necklace . I flat ironed my hair then got dressed . I went against putting on makeup but then went back and applied eyeliner .

I examined myself in the mirror impressed with what I put together .

Soon after , I grabbed my things and left the house .

I pulled in front of Jessica's sister house . I honked my horn three times because I wasn't about to get out . I sat in the car irritatedly waiting on Jessica to come out . Then a notification popped up on my phone .

Hisan : the fuck are you?

Hisan texted me . I sat and thought of a response .

Me : you're with the kids?

Hisan : Yas the fuck i am

He must really have an attitude .

Hisan : Bracen and the twins misses you! They are crying for you!

I literally dropped my phone at that text message . I honestly feel that I needed a break and it's not that I don't want be around them . It's just that I need a me time . I need time to think on myself and evaluate my situation with a little freedom in my hands . I was too caught up in the moment that I didn't realize Jessica had gotten in the car .

"You're okay?" She asks .

"Ooh shit girl .. yeaaa I'm fine." I semi lied .

I picked up my phone then dialed Hisan's number .

"Brooklyn!" His voice roared .