Chapter Twenty Three : Apologetic

Cavin

I walked into Brooklyn's hospital room and sat in the chair next to her bed . Brione was laying next to her . It hurted me to see my little sister hooked up to these machines . I'm just ready for her to wake up .

I only had a few minutes to get things off my chest before Hisan comes back in . I know he's the main one who's furious and wouldn't be pleased to see me right now .

"Hey Brooklyn. It's Cavin . " I cleared my throat .

"I know you're not able to respond and I know there's a chance that you can't hear me but it'll be best for me to just tell you what's been going on in the past few years and where you're originally from ." I started to twist my ring around my finger nervously .

"That night . When mom died , I couldn't save her . I made it in too late ."

Flashback

I ran to the back room to see my mom struggling to get the gun from a man . Just when I was about to pull the trigger , he turned the gun towards my mother then sent a bullet through her stomach .

I sent a bullet to the back of his head . I sent another bullet in somebody's back , killing them instantly . He was kneeled over the swing set trying desperately to reach Bracen . I ran to make sure Bracen was okay . I cringed when I noticed a deep cut on his left cheek .

I looked down and noticed a timer in this dude's pocket . I grabbed the timer and examined it . It wasn't a bomb so what was it for ?

It was counting down . Whatever it was referring to , it had 72 hours left on it .

"Cavin!" I heard my name being called from the open window .

Tavion was gesturing me to come out . I didn't want to leave but I knew I had to . I took the mask off of the man that was hovered over Bracen . I placed my phone in his pocket then climbed through the window .

"I left because your real mom sent a look out for you . I had to miss lead her steps and turn her around without it being obvious . Plus I was being searched for . Faking my death was my only option at the moment . It's kinda crazy how the dude looked like me . That was just ironic . " I lightly chuckled . I rubbed my face as I sighed .

"I'm sorry I left you and had you to experience all of this without my protection . I wish I could go back . I wish I could've stayed . I feel like if I never left then a lot of shit would've been done differently . You wouldn't be laying in this bed right now . You wouldn't have to seek revenge." I licked my lips .

"I'm sorry Brook." I mumbled .

I sighed and leaned towards her . "You was the first born of a major drug lord . Since you're the first born , you was gone take over when you turned 18 but there were many regulations that you must go through before you could even take that position . Your mother went through it and it mentally scarred her for life . We were protecting you and making sure your mother's empire wouldn't gain anymore power. Truth be told , your mother has been looking for you but she hasn't been the only one . Cruise ..-"

The door came open and in walked her nurse .

"Hi." She sweetly smiles at me .