Chapter Twelve : Been Searching For You

Life been neutral for me . The twins started back going to school and I've been going back to work . The doctors say that Bracen will be coming home in a month or so . Marion and I haven't been speaking to each other much but he even started back being active with the kids like getting them up in the morning and taking them to school and picking them up . He been home more often as well even though he tends to his phone most of the time . He even been going to visit Bracen .

I've even spoken to my 'mother'. She been so hype to speak to me . We've talked to each other as if we known each other for years . She's ready to come back into my life but I don't know if I can accept her . We still haven't talked about why I haven't been in her care . We're meeting today and she wanted me to bring my kids but I refused . Let us talk and converse where our lives went to before I bring my kids into this . What really broke my heart was when she asked about Amber . I made up a lie and rushed off the phone .

I have less than an hour until I meet her at the park .

I typed on my computer making an arrangement for a wedding that's planned in the spring . I love doing things like this . It gives me ideas on how my wedding will be .. whenever I find my husband of course .

I texted Jessica and told her to come into my office because I didn't feel like speaking through the speaker . She came thirty minutes later , wiping her mouth vigorously . Her eyes were cherry red as if she's been crying for hours .

"Are you okay Jessica?" I puzzled .

"I'm fine." She cleared her throat and attempted to straighten her curls .

"What do you need boss?" She weakly smiles . I gave her a blank stare .

"What?" She tried to act clueless .

I shook my head carelessly . I handed her some files . "Please give these to Cruise." I ordered .

I noticed she seem hesitant walking out the door . I didn't say anything . I just watched her walk away with her head hanging low . I gathered my items and my purse , slanging it over my shoulder and grabbing my phone . I walked out of my office and walked suspiciously to Cruise's office .

The door was slightly open so I stood near and watched Jessica hand him the files . He said thank you while licking his lips seductively at her body . She attempted to walk out but he jumped from his seat and grabbed her . I took that time and push the door open , causing him to jump away from her .

"Jessica take the day off." I said nonchalantly .

Her eyes widen at my words then scurried out the office . I glared at Cruise as I walked away .

--

"I'm so glad you could make it." Her smile brighten as she wrapped her loving arms around me . I returned the gesture .

We separated from the embrace then sat down on the bench .

"So how's my baby?" She states gleefully .

"I'm fine."

"So I know you have a million questions." She exaggerated .

"Yea." I bit my lip .

"Well first off .. I don't know where to start." She fiddled with her fingers .