Chapter Four

"And this is the wing of rooms for all of you. Lady Emily, Lady Georgia, and Lady Abigail these are your rooms." The etiquette teacher, June announces to the crowd of girls.

I separate from the tour and open my room's large, white, door. It has a huge bed with a purple cover, crystal chandelier, dresser, desk, and a tv. I walk out onto the balcony when three maids bustle in.

"Oh Miss!" The tall one exclaims in shock.

"We weren't expecting you!" The one with black hair remarks.

"Hello, I'm Georgia." I say with a smile.

"We know! I'm your head maid, April." The one with fire red hair informs me.

"I'm Belle." The black haired one waved.

"And I'm Sara." The tallest one says.

April spoke up, "Miss Georgia, we must get you ready for dinner. Would you rather wear a lilac dress or wait, no! I have the best dress!"

She disappeared into a huge closet and came out with a slim silver gown. It was truly magnificent. I am rushed to the vanity as the girls prep me for dinner. When they finish I looked even better. Sara paired my dress with the most beautiful silver heels. With a quick look in the mirror, I am ready to go.

I make my way to the dining room and sit next to Abigail and a girl I have yet to meet.

"Georgia! You look amazing!" Abigail says.

"Thanks! You too!" It was true. She wore a light pink fluffy gown that was 100% princess material.

"Oh, Georgia, this is Kayla. I was just talking about tomorrow when we'll see the prince."

"Hello! Oh I hope he doesn't hate me the first time he meets me." I whine. Even though I don't want to be here, my family needs the money. I have to do everything I can to impress him so I can stay as long as possible.

We continue blabbing on for the entire dinner until it is time for the selected to return to our chambers and get ready for bed. I make my way back to my room and find Belle laying out a flimsy blue nightgown.

They brush my hair and ushered me into the shower. They then dried my hair and got me all ready for bed.

"Don't you have anything less transparent?" I ask pointing to the night gown which was see through and barely covered my butt.

"Miss, it is required. Along with having one of stay here in case you need anything." Sara pipes up.

"Please! You girls need your sleep! And if I need anything, I'll just ring for you." I argue. The truth is, I can't have anyone watch me while sleeping. As a young teenager, a boy would always stalk me, saying I was so gorgeous. I found out later that he watched me all the time: getting dressed, sleeping, and eating.

Slowly they all agree and head out of the door. I lay myself in the bed but it didn't feel right. The mattress was to big. The pillows too soft. I run to the door but too many guards are standing around the hall. I find the latch to the balcony and swing it open bringing in a cool blast of air. Whenever I was homesick while staying at a friends house, my chest would constrict, making it difficult to breath. The outdoors always helped calm me down.

Without thinking, I swing my legs over the bar and scale down the vines covering the palace wall. I make my way into the garden and run to a big hedge. I curl up next to it and put my head between my knees, trying to take back my stolen breaths and block out the fact that I was in the palace gardens. That is until a sound of footsteps makes my head jerk up.

"Are you alright?" A masculine voice asks.

"Colton?" I ask. It was surly him. His blonde hair reflecting in the moonlight.

"Oh my. You're the girl from the market, Georgia?" He asks in astonishment.

"Yes." I answer simply.

"You're one of my selected too? Wow! What a small world!" He gapes in surprise.

"Wait, your selected? You said you were an accountant for the palace!" I connect the dots slowly.

"Of sorts. I do like budgeting and things. I'm sorry to have lied, but my real name is Cole." The Prince replies with a beaming smile.

"The Prince of Illea. A man who can have whatever he wants in life stole me, a poor musician bread?" I ask in clarification.

"Yep, I'm surprised of it too. I'm sorry I never came back. I wanted to." He responds picking me up of the gravel.

"I looked almost every day." I say staring into his gorgeous blue eyes.

"You won't have too anymore." He kisses my cheek, takes my hand, and leads me to the palace entrance.

"You never came through the doors. I would have seen you, how'd you get to the garden?" He inquires, his brows furrowing.

"And that we shall save for another time." This time, I kiss his cheek and I make my way back to my room and slowly, I drift off to sleep.

The selection wasn't the same anymore. This was different. This is Colton, the man who stole my heart and some bread. This time, I'm going to win the game.