Chapter Twenty Two

I sip my tea in the corner of the women's room with a blabbing Bethany across from me saying how it was completely unfair that such a hunk like Henry was off limits to her. I pretend to listen but I glance over to the garden. How I wish I could be over there instead of here.

"I mean, a super gorgeous guy just falls right into our laps and we can't take the opportunity to flirt with him? It's crazy!" She rants

"Yeah. If you'll excuse me, I need some fresh air." I say. Not waiting for an answer, I sprint to the gardens.

I sit on a bench when a screeching wail fills the air. I stand up instantly and search for the sound. I round a small gazebo and find Abigail, sitting on the dirt ground, tears streaming down her face.

"Abigail are yo-" I start to ask.

"You!" She sobs aloud, pointing her long slim finger at me. "The people now love you! They here about your donation idea and they think that you're an angel. But I know better! All you want to do is kiss prince! I've tried just to kiss him and he turns around and runs away. He loves a faker!" She cackles.

"I'm not a faker! I love Cole and you need to stop hating me. The Abigail I knew would have forgiven me a long time ago. She also wouldn't be in this situation." I point out.

"I'm not myself anymore. I'm a mess. Georgia, I'm sorry! Lilliana was talking trash about you and I actually believed her. I treated you so terribly." She stands up and hugs me. She cries into my shoulder. I pay her back trying to calm her down.

"Of course you are forgiven. All I've ever wanted is my best friend back. I'm so glad we're good now."

Claps surprise me and I jump. Abigail lets out a laugh as I turn around. I find Cole clapping and walking toward me. He wraps his arm around my waist and Abigail smiles.

"That was lovely." He says

"Thanks we've been working on some moe dramatic scenes." I smile

"Aw! Sorry to ruin your moment there, but you two are so cute together." She giggles

We all laugh. Cole takes my hand and spins me around.

"I was just wanting to borrow Geo for a moment." I smile at my nickname.

"Of course." Abigail smiles

Cole takes me by a pond and hold my hand tight. "So I just wanted to inform you that in five days, your families will be coming so that would make it Saturday. Also, eliminations are tonight."

"I'm so excited for them to come!" I say giddily.

"I know! I can't wait to meet them! I'm actually really nervous." He replies honestly. He runs his hands through his hair and gives a half smile.

"Don't worry! The only one who you should be afraid of is Ireland. She will be a tough one to crack being not only my sister but my twin. But seriously, the eliminations. Who's leaving?" I ask.

The expression Cole shows is not the one I'm looking for. He rubs his chin and avoids eye contact. He runs his fingers through his hair and walks around in a circle. He then sits on a nearby bench, putting his elbows on his knees and he rubs his temples.

"Umm." I stammer and I sit beside him rubbing his back.

"I'm sorry, I'm not eliminating you, it's just, I'm going to eliminate Abigail and Autumn. I just don't want you to be upset. I have to keep Lilliana to keep the rebels content. And you and Katherine are my favorites. And the advisors want to keep Bethany." I almost laugh.

"I'm not angry. I made up with Abigail, I'm sad to see her gone but I'm not angry." I hope that's the answer he was wanting. I might not be upset because of Abigail but I was of Lilliana. She is a rebel! I just hope he doesn't ask about her.

"And Lilliana?" He asks. I guess my wished would not be answered.

"She's a rebel! If you start to have feelings for her, she could be queen!" I point out. Doesn't he realize what this could mean? A rebel having the crown was like handing 8 million people's lives in doom.

"But I do have feelings for her. Maybe not as much as I love you but I can't say she means nothing." He replies grabbing my hand as I try to walk away.

"She's a fake! Dam it, Cole! She's trained to be your dream girl. Don't you see the truth?" I ask

"Maybe to you. Not to me." I run inside before he can say more. I need to find Eadlyn. I want to go home.