Chapter Fourteen

Cole's pov:

I tried to go to Georgia's hospital room but my mom said that I was too worried and I should go on dates with other selected.

I knocked on the door and a maid answered.

"She's almost ready sir."

"Thank you."

I wait there for almost ten more minutes until she finally comes out, where practically nothing. It's top was like a strapless bikini top with a small middle section that kept the top connected to the skirt. It was red and the skirt had a large slit. Could she be more desperate?

"Hello Bethany. You look beautiful. Would you like to join me for dinner in the parlor?" I ask

"Of course your highness." She takes my arm and giggles, "Your so strong! I love that in a guy!"

"Thank you." I slid out her chair so she can sit and then push her in. "So what are you interested in?"

"Oh I'm a model. I also love music. Have you ever met like any famous singers?" She asks, thank goodness I wasn't going to be the only one asking questions.

"Yes one. Selena Grande. She came here for my 16th birthday. Although I usually don't meet them. They aren't exactly appropriate to be seen with. Just think of the magazines." I smile

"That would be crazy. Is it a pain, having the cameras always in your face?" She asks

"Yes. But what about you?"

"I guess that it's kind of a pain. Have you ever been hunting? My dad always took me out when I wasn't in the selection that is." She laughs

"Yes! Oh I love to hunt, maybe we can go sometime." She nods as the food is served.

After a while of talking and laughing, the sun sets and I walk over to the window.

"I've always loved the sunset." Bethany says walking next to putting her hand on the glass, "But I think I may love you even more."

She grabs my collar and pulls me to her. Her lips skim mine and falling under her spell, I kiss her. She turns pressing my back to the window and curls her leg around mine exposing her leg. She pulls away giggling and drags me into the hall. She kisses me again and then runs into a dead end hallway. I chase after her and realize how dark it was outside.

Bethany pushes me into the wall and smashes her lips into mine. Her nails dig into my hair as my hands run down her back and rest on her hips. Her leg, again, wraps around mine.

Out of the corner if my eye, I see Abigail. She scoffs but I ignore her. I didn't exactly like her so why would her seeing Bethany and me be bad. I go back to kissing and after an hour, I take her back to her room.

I fall asleep dreaming about Bethany.

Georgia's pov:

Beeps. Noises that I cannot describe echo in my ears. My eyes blink quickly, and white surrounds me.

"She's awake. Check her responses."

A bright light moves around in my point vision. A snap awakes my ears. A pinch is on my arm and I jerk away.

"Responses are normal, Doc. Should we get them?" A male voice speaks

"It's midnight Reggie, don't wake them up now! Let her sleep and in the morning we'll get them." Another deep voice responds

"She's been in coma for two weeks. I think she's had enough sleep." Reggie replies

"Don't get the others." Doc yells and walks out.

Reggie lifts up the bed so I was now in a sitting position. I squint my eyes getting accustomed to the lighting, now slightly dim. Once I could see, I look at Reggie. He's skin was dark like chocolate, his eyes a demanding brown, he had short, black hair, he was pretty tall but very skinny.

"Hi." I croak. I grab my throat. Is that really what I sounded like? Reggie hands me glass of water and I drink it gladly.

"It's a good thing you awake Lady Georgia. I don't know what the nation would do without you." He says

"What?" I ask. Reggie hands me a glossy magazine with my face on it.

Is beloved Lady Georgia in life long Coma?

As the poles clearly show, Lady Georgia has been the people's favorite for most of the selection. But sadly, her possible reign of Queen may not have a chance. As the Royal family explains, the lady and Prince Cole were kidnapped by rebels. Amazingly they escaped and Lady Georgia contacted the Queen. But when they returned, the selected collapse and hit her head leading in a coma. What caused this fall? Doctors say severe stress but could that not be the case?

"How long have I been in a coma?" I ask Reggie.

"Two weeks." He said.

My mouthed drops. I'm sure Cole is so worried about me. I need to see him.