Chapter Twenty Eight

I know, I know. I should have updated a while ago but I was super busy this week. I hope the really long chapter makes up for it!
"Georgia! Wake!" Sarah calls.

I jump out of my bed and race to get ready. Today is the ball! Today is also the day where Cole decides who get chosen. We aren't allowed to see anyone before the ball for the sake of keeping the palace in order so my maids let me sleep in. Only have an hour until noon, I eat a quick brunch and hop in the lavender scented bath.

"You are going to love your dress!" Belle runs into the closet and pulls out my Halloween ball gown. She said she wanted to make me the four seasons.

I get my hair done in an extremely beautiful curled bun by Sara while April applies my makeup. I have a nude colored eyeshadow with black winged eyeliner and mascara. I also have a light pink lipstick that brings the beautiful colors in my dress. It starts as a white winter and then goes into a pastel blue for spring, it then flows into a pastel green for summer and ends in a yellow for fall leaves.

"You look extravagant Miss." April sighs setting out my 6 inch clear heels. It took about 4 hours just to get ready.

The ball starts in an hour so I have a bit of time to waste. "Thank you girls! I'm going to go and see Ireland."

"No you aren't! You can't leave the room until a guard comes to announce you for the ball." Belle sits me into a chair and sets out cards.

"This is what we do when we get bored." Belle says sitting herself in the chair next to mine.

"Belle! I am sorry Lady Georgia but Belle doesn't know her manners." April swats at Belle and she giggles.

"April it's ok. Anyway you don't have to call me Lady. Treat me like one of the maids." I say. April sucks in a breath but then nods and let's it go. She sits in the seat next to Belle and Sara quietly giggles as she sits to me left.

"What's funny?" I ask her

"I'm playing cards with the future Princess! It's unreal!" She smiles

"I'm not a princess." I say quietly not wanting to bask in my doubt.

"But you will be. We see the way he looks at you. We hear from his maids what he says about you. You're the one thing in his life keeping him going. He loves you Georgia." Belle argues suddenly serious.

"Let's just get on with the game." I whisper. If I lost, I couldn't bear to see them down as well. I wouldn't be able to stand it.

Soon, a knock is place on the door and I find myself walking down to the ball with one of the many guards.

He opens the ballroom door and whispers something to a small man in a black suit. The small man then shouts with a surprisingly loud voice, "Lady Georgia of Kent." The guard lets go of my arm and let's me decent the grand stair case alone with hundreds of eyes staring at me or my spectacular dress.

Cole is sadly not at the bottom of the steps to take my hand and waltz me around the room but Bethany, Katherine, Ireland, and Jasmine made up for it rushing to my side and commenting on how lovely I look. I return the compliments and grant everyone in the room with a smile but I really want to see the Prince. I search the room and realize that none of Illea's  royals are here.

Just in my realization the short man with the big voice spoke up, "Ladies and Gentleman! I introduce to you, the past King an Queen, Maxon and America!" The descend the stairs arm in arm looking deeply in love. They matched outfits. Maxon an angel and America a red costume with spiky ears. "Next our lovely King Kile and Queen Eadlyn!" The elegantly walk down also looking madly in love. The king is dressed up as a vampire while Ealdyn is wearing a bird costume. "Now our young Princess May." The small toddler wobbles down the steps in a frilly gown. "And lastly the spectacular, Prince Cole!" I almost choke on my cookie. He dressed up as a superhero gladiator man. He carries a large mallet and shows his rippling muscles.

"Ladies." He says bowing to me and the others.

"Who are you supposed to be?" I asks

"Thor. An American super hero. He was in marvels a comic book company that then created movies." He flexes his muscles and I can't help but swoon. You wouldn't think a Prince needs to do daily weight lifting.

"Well my hero, would you like to join me on the dance floor?" Katherine asks and he nods. Bethany rolls her eyes and grabs two champagne glasses from a waiters tray.

"We both need it." She says handing me one glass as she chugs the other. I accept and soon dizziness washes over me. I don't usually have alcohol and it has already started its affects on me.

I hang out with Bethany on the dance floor. Ireland and Jasmine both found guys and dance with them. Sadly I don't have that luxury. Cole dances around with many people. Katherine a lot and princesses that have had crushes on him for years. Finally a hand grabs my waist and turns me so I face him.

"The Illean Waltz is coming up. Would you dance with me?" He asks

"Of course." I reply. He has saved the Royal, traditional dance for me and just  danced with Katherine and Bethany for a few quick songs. He wanted to jump on a circle with them but he wants to perform a recurring waltz that will be televised. I feel amazed.

The music starts to slow and only the Illean royals come out to the floor. Which is basically only America, Maxon, King Kile, Eadlyn, Cole, and I. Little May can't dance. I get into the opening position. My hand touching Cole's and my other up in the air. The music starts to play and the movements come so fluently to me. Step front. Step back. Turn and dip. In what seems like a blink on an eye the song is over and Cole embraces me in a tight hug.

"You danced amazingly. I want to tell you ahead of time. It's important. I-" his voice gets cut of by blaring alarms. He drags me into a corner. And gives me a quick kiss.

"I love you no matter what." He says as he tosses me into a guards arms.

"Cole? Cole!" I scream as I'm dragged into a safe room with America, Maxon, and Katherine. It locks after he throws me in and I here a boom. He threw me in quickly because a rebel was coming after us. I could have dragged him in and saved his life.

I try to keep my composure but I fail. Tears escape my eyes as the others attempt to comfort me. I think back to Cole. If the rebels are killing and were right on my tail, did they get Cole? The thought just makes everything worse and I eventually black out.