Chapter Seven

"Rise and shine!" Belle shouted in my ear

"Let me sleeeeeeeep!" I moaned

"No! We already let you sleep in longer then needed." They yank me up and throw me into the shower.

In a matter of 30 minutes I was out in a lavender day dress with my hair in a fishtail braid. I was lucky enough to wear a pair of flats instead of high heels.

I sat down next to a very happy Kayla.

"What's with you?" I ask

"His royal pain just asked me to go see the royal painting gallery with him after breakfast!" I tried to smile but it came out all funny.

I love painting, he knows that. Why wouldn't he show me that? Food was served and I ate quickly and quietly.

Cole grabbed my hand as I was walking out and put a piece of paper in my palm. I turned and continued walking. Why does he think he can just ask out my friends and then ask me too? Even in the selection, their has to be something wrong with that.

Sitting down in the large library, I unfolded the note. Meet me in the gardens at 1- C

I crumbled it up and tossed it across the room. Sadly it hit one person, him.
He frowns realizing what it was that hit him and started walking toward me.

"I don't want it. I know you have to date all of us, but two dates back to back? That's pathetic." I argue

"Oh what, with Kayla? I'm already done with that date. I know she's your friend and all but she's way to rebellious for me. And that note, it's not a date. It's a surprise." He grins and leaves me with his crumpled note in the old library.

~~~~~~~

I walked out side still a bit angry when I see Cole and a man with a bunch of paint supplies. I quicken my pace.

"What's this?" I asked

"Oh Fredrick here is going to paint us." He smiles.

I completely forget why I was mad at him and down on a bench surrounded by roses and Cole sits next to me. He holds my hand on his lap as we stare into each others eyes.

Never did I realize how sparkly his ocean blue eyes were. I wonder what he was thinking about. Was he planning more dates? Wondering about me? What was his life as a child? Mine was searching for jobs and scraping up every last penny to buy things. But his, he must have been surrounded by jewels, fun, family. He must have had everything he wanted at the snap of his fingers. How could life be so unfair? I wasn't mad or angry, just aggravated that my ancestors had nothing to offer putting us lower in the castes. Even when the castes were eliminated, it didn't help us with money.

I avoided my selfish thoughts and focused on Cole's lips. We were a new found relationship but I felt so attached to him already. My eyes raise for find his again and I see the pure innocence and agony of having me slightly angered at him. Guilt twists in my stomach, how selfish have I been? He has to go on dates to figure out who he likes and who he doesn't. I can't blame him for that.

Time surprisingly passes quickly. In what seems as 45 minutes, the painter was done painting us. Cole instantly grabbed my hand and guided me back to my room. I sat down on my bed and he sat down next to me.

"Are you still upset?" He asks confused

"Oh Cole, I feel terrible! You have to go on dates so you can narrow the selection down. I'm sorry for being so selfish. This was a stupid fight. Please forgive me?"

"Please Georgia, who ever said it was a fight? Of course you are forgiven." He looks around my room, "You know you can change your room the way you want to."

"But I love it this way, it's better than anything I've had before, the thought of better is unthinkable." I say getting up and walking to the balcony.

I stare into the sky, now with a beautiful off blue color. Cole stands to my left and sighs.

"What's your favorite color?" He asks out of the blue.

"That." I smile while pointing to the sky

"Teal?" He asks

"Yep. What about you?" I shoot back

"Red." He whispers softly

"What a contrast of colors. It would be a mess to mix them." I chuckle

"The right messes make something beautiful in the end." He replies

"That's what we are, a beautiful mess."