Chapter Five

After yesterday, my maids decide to stick with silver dresses but put me in a short flowy one this time. My hair is up in a conservative bun and my feet slip into red velvet colored heels to contrast the silver dress with my small ruby neckless that my father gave me. I look gorgeous to say the least.

The guards open the large doors that lead to the dining room and I come to see that the dining room is packed.

I look for my friendly aquatints and sit in between Kayla and Lilliana with Abigail across from me. We chatter about how nervous we are to talk to the Prince when Queen Eadlyn, King Kile, Prince Cole, and his three year old sister Princess May come in.

The whole room silences and heads turn to spot the royal family.

With a quick wave of her hands, June makes us stand and curtsy. I admit that my legs shake a tiny bit while doing so. What if the Prince thought I was too forward last night and wants to kick me out?

"Please ladies sit down. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to get to know each of you a bit before breakfast. To start off, why don't we go with Lady Georgia." Prince Cole grins as my breath gets caught in my throat.

I fight for a small smile to appear on my face before making my way over to the smug prince. He bows and I curtsy. My legs were still shaking like a newborn deer.

"Hello Colton." I tease. My sweet smile changing into a malicious grin.

"Please Georgia, my name is Cole. We have already done introductions and I feel as if I already know you a bit. How would you like to accompany me to a walk in the gardens at 5 o'clock?" He asks quickly, causing my heart to speed up.

"Hmm, should I?" I question jokingly while tapping my chin.

"Yes. I think you should." He says anxiously. The first part was spoke a little too quick for comfort.

"Alright Princy, I'll see you then." I giggle.

"Actually you'll see me at noon for lunch. But I'll look forward seeing you anywhere." He smirks while making my heart skip a beat.

I can't think of saying anything in response. I'm blushing so much to where I may resemble a tomato as I scurry back to my seat.

After he was finished cheating with everyone, 26 of us left to eat breakfast while 9 stayed and were kicked out. The mood instantly shifted. With girls already gone, it made the selection real.

And so far, I think I'm the only girl who was asked on a date.

When 5 o'clock finally rolls around, I sit waiting in the most beautiful green knee length dress. My hair hangs in its natural curls and my makeup is light.

As if on cue, Cole knocks on the door. Belle answers it and lets him in.

"Lady Georgia, you look wonderful." He says very formally.

I take his arm, "Why thank you, your highness. Where are we going?"

"A surprise. But we need to hurry." Cole responds and checks his watch.

Suddenly, he breaks out into a sprint dragging me along with him. Luckily, I've learned how to run pretty fast, with the competitions I had with Ireland when I was younger.

He leads me to the gardens and out to the forest beyond that. We run around until I hear the sound of water. He takes me to a large rock. When we reach the top, I see the most beautiful thing in human existence. The sunset overhead a tall waterfall that turns into a glorious small river. You could see the entire forest too. This place is like magic.

"Cole, this is amazing! It's beautiful. Why would you want to bring me here? Why would you want me to be your first selection date?" I inquire.

"Actually my first date ever. It's hard to have a girlfriend if you only see foreign Princesses once every year. And well, theirs something about you. You're different then the rest of the other girls, you're more real. I like you. And well this has been my secret place all my life and I think that I should share its beauty." He says grabbing my hand.

I smile and look into the scenery, "Thank you."

"Now, after all of that sad soppy stuff, let's eat." He chuckles opening the picnic basket

We eat and laugh while playing 20 questions.

"What's is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you?" I ask him with a sneaky smile.

"Wow. Well I visit the cities actually a lot. But this one time in the winter, I brought my cousin Matthew. I was 14 at the time and Matthew was 16. He of course wanted to flirt with girls at the mall and I was forced to go with him being younger and all. Anyway, he was giving tips on how to flirt with girls; well, bad tips. He told me to get the number of this girl about my age. She was buying some shoes at a store nearby and she had maybe her sister or friend with her. So I went up and said,"

We chanted the line at the same time, "Stop drop, and roll baby, cause you are on fire!"

"How do you know that?" He asks flabbergasted. His blonde hair looks disheveled in the wind and his cheeks tint pink.

"Because Princy, I was that girl at the mall buying shoes for the upcoming party I was going to sing at. You know, you were a cute 14 year old." I say while looking at him underneath my lashes, "I remember that day, after you said that my sister who I was with took my arm and ran screaming. She kept saying that you looked like the Prince, but I was always doubting. I guess she was right."