Chapter Eight

As well as everything went with Cole, I haven't seen him, other than meal times, in 14 days. I was starting g to wonder if what he said that night didn't matter to him.

I sat in June's lesson, not listening to a word she was saying. Abigail, knowing something was wrong, handed me a note.

What's wrong? You seem upset.

I replied as nearly as possibly,

I haven't seen Cole in a while. It's stupid, but I kinda like him.

She smiles as she reads my note.

It's not stupid! We all like him!  He has to date so he can narrow the selection down.

June dismisses us and a grab Abigail's hand and run to a little book in the hallway.

"I realize that he has to do that but he just feels really distant. It's been two and a half weeks, isn't that a long time?" I ask

"Georgia, he has one shot. He needs to take his time. Anyway, I have to leave, I actually have to get ready for my date."

"What?" I ask more snotty then I meant.

"Geez! You think the world revolves around you! Can't you at least be happy for me?" She fires

I flinch to her words as she storms off.

Not wanting to socialize, I made my way to my room. April and Belle were cleaning while Sara was finishing a dress.

"April? Could you drawl me a bath? I feel terrible."

"Of course Miss." She drops he feather duster and rushes into the bathroom as Sara helps me out of my dress.

"Oh and if anyone comes by, tell them I'm not here. I don't feel like socializing."

Sara nods as I lay in the tub. After five minutes, there was a knock on the door.

I sat up to hear better. It was about time for Abigail to apologize. The bathroom door was open a crack and I saw a rough suit and blonde air.

"Well when she's back could you tell her to come by my room?" Cole asks

Belle trying to keep calm said, "Of course your Majesty. She may be tired though."

"True, so rude of me. Please just tell her I stopped by."

"Yes my Prince." Belle curtsies and shuts the door.

I hop out of the tub and put on a robe. I comb my hair and dry it, taking as long as possible. I did not want to talk to my maids right now. They'd be asking me why I didn't want to see the Prince and I just didn't want to talk about it.

When I enter my room, I didn't see any of them. Silently thanking them in my head, I slipped on my nightgown and laid down in bed.

Slowly, I drifted into sleep.

~~~~~~~

I woke up to a constant beeping noise. It was an alarm clock on the side of my bed. I sat up, turning it off and I slid into my slippers to see why someone put an alarm clock in my room.

I look down finding teal rose petals on the floor. I followed the trail into the music room and by the library up the stairs onto the third floor. It stopped at a dark wood door. I knocked once and it opened up. No one was there though.

It leads to a balcony in the room. I follow and find a small card and rose on the banister. The note was written in clumsy hand writing.

Turn Around

I did as the note said. I wish what I saw wasn't true. Rebels. They were holding Cole, his mouth tied so he couldn't speak, his hands were tied around his back and a knife was at his throat. If I would have acted quicker, I would have called for help. A few more appeared from the shadows and tied me up too.

I looked at Cole in desperation but his eyes scared me the most, they were petrified.

The leader walked up in front, "Sorry to cancel the selection." He took a pan out of a bag behind his back. He wound it back and hit me.

All I remember was falling to the floor.