Chapter Nine

Ow! My head feels like it was banged on walls. I wonder why April hasn't woken me up yet when I look around.

I was in a dark room with one small window of light. I slept on hay, and my nightgown was gone, I was in jeans and a flannel, boots covered my feet. Who changed me?

I see a figure laying in the corner of the room. I walk over and find Cole face down on the floor. I sit by his side and shake him until I hear him groan.

"What?" He asks

"Cole? Are you alright? Where are we?" I ramble

He sits up and drags his hand through his short hair. "I'm fine. The rebels took us to their Capitol building and we are in one of their cells which is like a jail. And I'm sorry but they forced us to change our outfits and I thought you'd be more comfortable having me dress you than some strange man who looks as if he wasn't only going to change your outfit. I have no idea where we are but lucky for us I have this." He holds up a gold medallion around his neck.

"What's that?" I ask

"A tracker. The guards are already coming and we'll be out of hear in no time."

"That's great! But I just have one more question. Why was there a trail of my favorite colored roses on the floor leading me to you and rebels?"

"I was planning a date for us. We were going to go out in the garden." He whispers

"I'm sorry our date was canceled but who says we can't have it now?" I say

I take his hand and walk to the strip of light in the room. I put my hands on his neck and we dance around to the sound of our breathing. I start to tear up and he looks away and kisses the tip of my nose.

"Dearest flower, what have I done to upset you?" He asks me

"I'm scared."

"Darling, they're coming to save us."

I nod and sit down on the floor.

"Will you sing a song for me flower?" Cole says while nudging my foot.

"Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
drifting through the wind wanting to start again
do you ever feel, feel so paper thin like a house of cards who feel like caving in
do you ever feel, feel so very deep
six feet on the screens but no one even hears a thing
do you know there's a chance for you
there's a spark in you
you just got to ignite the light and let it shine
just own the night like the Fourth of July "

We both don't say anything. I just lean my head on his soldier and I just sit there in the shadows as the door opens.

"You two love birds make me sick! Move!" A dingy man yells

I stand up quickly with Cole right behind me. Rebel gaurds take us down a dark hallway and lead us into a large room.

"Put them in those chairs." A man yells pointing to a small desk with two chairs.

The walls had benches around them with a main desk where a big man sat. Rebels filled in the benches.

"Excuse me sir, but why are we here?" Cole asks

"You two are here to discuss the plans of how to kill you in a way that deeply hurts your loved ones."