Chapter Twenty Four

Everything was different about the elimination because it was in front of the cameras. We stood in a perfect line in the ballroom each one of us wearing black ball gowns. A small group of super rich people sit in stands and they gasp as Cole steps up to a podium.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. Hello Illea. Tonight I, Prince Cole will announce the final four elite. I'm sad to announce that Lady Abigail and Lady Autumn will be leaving. Please say your goodbyes and go on your way. In other news, the elites families will be visiting in five short days. Thank you Illea. Goodnight!" Cole walks out of the room with his advisors close behind him.

Abigail's comes to my side. "Go win that prince's heart." She whispers in my ear.

"I'll do my best." I reply, fighting back tears.

She walks away and I turn my head to find a shell shocked Autumn standing next to me. She stays like a statue and it is starting to become awkward. Autumn and I were never really friends but I can't leave her out here where the cameras can get a good picture of her embarrassment. I give her a hug and lead her out in a friendly manner.

"Thanks Georgia. I just couldn't move. I thought he liked me. I really did." She starts to sob and reporters slowly come out of the ballroom. I drag Autumn into a closet so they couldn't find her in a mess.

"Autumn. You are a gorgeous, smart girl who made it to the Prince's top six elite. That's amazing! Guys will be all over you! If Cole and you loved each other, than this situation would be different. But this is all for the better. You can go out into the world and find your soulmate. I know you can. But right now, you need to show those camera men that you don't need a Prince."

She nods and wipes her mascara teared cheeks. "Do I look better?" She asks

"Yes. Now knock em dead!" I say as she walks out of the closet looking as queenly as ever.

I walk out a only a minute later and I make my way down to my room. Suddenly, Bethany runs to my side. "Do you want to come to my sleepover? It's in my room. Be there before 10!" She yells as she runs to her room.

~~~~~~~~

"Why does it have it be so short?" I ask Belle as I turn around in a mirror looking at my sky blue, high thigh length, nightgown.

"It's the style miss! Haven't you ever been to a slumber party?" She asks

"No." I mumble.

"Well, go on! You don't want to be late!" She ushers me out the door.

I walk into Bethany's room and scream when a flying pillow hits my face. Katherine cracks up, falling onto the floor with laughter. Lilliana rolls her eyes at either me or Katherine. Bethany, who threw the pillow runs into her closet so I can't throw it back. I sigh and run onto the bed. I flop down and unknown giggles escape me.

Katherine who finally managed to stand up now rushes over to a speaker and turns it up. "I love this song!" She exclaims. I recognize it instantly. Only the hit of the year, Star Bright by Faith Carson.

Bethany swiftly comes out of her closet and then stands above me on the bed. She pulls me up and then begins to jump. It seems exhausting but I join in anyway. In seconds, both Katherine and Lilliana are with us, jumping to the beat.

When Star Bright ends, low chuckles begins. I turn my head along with the other girls and find Cole and a blond hot dude standing there.

"Hello ladies. My cousin Jacob Prince of England came early to help for the ball and we heard some music. Didn't know you were having a party." Cole says breaking the silence.

Jacob waves and I swear that both Lilliana and Bethany wink at him. Cole doesn't notice luckily.

"Are we crashing your party?" Jacob asks in the sweetest British accent.

"No. We were just about to have a pillow fight." Lilliana pipes up.

"Well then." I reply grabbing a pillow and chucking it at Cole.

"Oh it's on!" He yells throwing one back at me. We erupt in a pillow war. I get hit by Bethany which makes me stumble and hit Katherine.

Eventually we all fall asleep.