Chapter Sixteen

Thankfully, today was a Saturday. This meant all selected got a day off and guests were coming to keep the royal family busy. It means no lessons from June. Almost like normal life.

Abigail was sick and Kayla said she would sleep the entire day, leaving me all alone. I decided to sit with a book on the couch. I'm reading gladly until the red head lady sits down next to me.

"Georgia, I would like to apologize for laughing yesterday. You just remind me of me when I was your age. Pardon me, my name is America."

In shock, I gasp and curtsy. That's the Queen's mother! She laughs and pats the seat next to her.

"Please, no need for that! I'll be glad to tell you my story. Let's go out into the garden." She says and I nod.

America sits down on a bench near a rose bush.

"Now, I was an elite. It was one night where I wore a red dress that was strapless and it had no back at all. Now Maxon followed me back to my room and while I wanted that dress to be on the floor, he laughed at me. He knew I wasn't the seductive type so he laughed. You know when Cole talks to me, it's always about a sweet, charming, polite, young girl named Georgia. When you came in wearing that, I couldn't help but giggle." She smiles recalling her memory

"He talks about me?" I ask twirling my hair.

"Oh yes! All the time. When you were in that coma, he was a mess. Now I wouldn't be surprised if you'll soon be calling me Grandma." She says

"Oh America, you don't look a day over 30!" I reply

"Oh, your so nice! I hope that he chooses you. I know that Eadlyn may seem a bit standoffish but she's just worried. She thinks that she'll either loose a son or gain a daughter. But what she doesn't understand that it goes both ways. Oh I wish I could stay longer but I have a meeting to attend to." She smiles and walks off.

I sigh and take off my 6inch heels. I slip my feet into the fountain. Hands slip around my waist and I squeal.

Cole turns me around and smashes his lips into mine. I pull away and smile. He picks me up out of the fountain and carries me bridal style to the palace pool.

"Oh no you don't! Don't you drop me Cole!" I yell at him

He laughs and throws me into the deep end. I swim to the side and climb out. Cole, still laughing was at the edge. I started to run and I pushed him into the water. He comes up shouting, "I have a meeting!"

"And I would have preferred being dry." I respond

He pulls me back into the water and he cups my face. He leans in and I must say, our kiss was the best underwater kiss in the history of kisses.

Sorry it's a short chapter but I hoped you liked it. I was really excited to incorporate America and Maxon into the story. If you were wondering, they are about 60 now.😊