Chapter 7- Getting Hurt Never Felt This Good

Cameron held me back as the horn sounded for the game to begin. After forty-five extremely long seconds, he yelled,

"Now we run!"

I ran next to him. We were a few feet behind the main group. I could hear paintballs being blasted and then finding their target with a 'splat'.

Suddenly the speakers crackled and the tune to a familiar song started.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I yelled.

I heard Cameron laugh as he replied, "That's the best part!"

Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time
And we gonna make you lose your mind
Everybody just have a good time

Party rock is in the house tonight
Everybody just have a good time
And we gonna make you lose your mind
We just wanna see ya, shake that

Cameron and I had caught up with the main group now. 'Why did he make us run a little late?' I wondered.

Everyone in our group (who were wearing black) had found themselves a place to hide and were exchanging cross-fire with the other group (dressed in white). The other group, The Growlers, weren't hiding behind a tree or a shrub but were marching up ahead, fearlessly. I saw, with shock, as our group members started falling back. We were giving the other team the victory on a shiny silver platter.

"See? I told you. Amy is stupid." Cameron said.

"Now what?" I asked as I stood behind a tree for protection, "If only both of us go ahead, we'll be turned into a work of Picasso."

Cameron then whispered something in my ear that made me grin. We both split, him going to the right and me going to the left. On my way, I told everyone from my team to drop cover as that was Amy's new plan.

"Take them by surprise!" I yelled.

Surprisingly, people heard me. They all left their posts and surged ahead. I guess that's what all of them actually wanted to do. That's when the fun actually started. Out in the open, I was splattered with paint in no time. But I knew for a fact that so many white suits were coloured thanks to me.

I steadily made my way through the crowd, slipping between people, who didn't even notice me. Turns out if you yell "Go Growlers!" the white-clothed dumb-heads don't even notice that you're wearing black and give you plenty of space to advance to their reserve.

I rolled into trenches, ran around trees and bushes, blasting away paintballs like crazy. The paintballs actually didn't hurt as much as I had feared. It was just like getting hit really hard by a really small water balloon. So without any inhibition, I got hurt and let them get hurt. I was pretty sure that the DJ was a LMFAO fan because when Party Rock Anthem ended, Sexy And I Know It started. It was still hard to believe that I was playing paintball while grooving to Sexy And I Know It.

Cameron caught up to me in the middle of the song.

"What happened to 'staying with Cameron at all times'?" he asked. We crouched behind a car to catch our breaths.

"Well you said that Amy was stupid so I thought I'd ignore another one of her orders." I replied cheekily.

" I replied cheekily