Chapter 44- Arguing, Bickering, Bantering

"You guys know you're the only ones on this planet who can get us half-price tickets to a concert from the band-members themselves, who you happened to meet on a sidewalk?"

Hayley rhetoric question had us all laughing.

"We're special that way." I told her.

"So, how was the Sound and Light show?" Cameron asked.

"Amazing! You guys should have seriously come!" Cheryl exclaimed.

"What did you guys do, though?" Cedric asked.

"Cedric, are you sure you want the details of what your teenage sister and her boyfriend did when they hung out alone?" Sean asked, with eyebrows raised suggestively.

My cheeks flamed as Cameron playfully smacked Sean upside on the head.

"We just roamed around HV." I said, glaring at Sean to keep his mouth shut.

"Where are Julia and Amelia?" Cameron asked.

"Somehow our lunch didn't go down well with either of them. They are back at the hotel, puking their manicured stomachs out."

The nonchalant way in which Dave said it, almost like a very, very bored news presenter, cracked us all up. Well everyone, except Cheryl.

"Dave!" She huffed in annoyance.

Dave held his hands up in surrender.

"You're allowed to pretend you have a crush on me, and I can't even make fun of your sister?" He pouted like a toddler.

She narrowed her eyes at him. He stuck his tongue out in reply.

I exchanged a glance with Hayley. Was there something brewing here? Did our little prank just trigger something?

But this time I wasn't going to meddle. I'd learnt my lesson from trying to set Cedric and Amelia up. My playing-cupid days were over. But that didn't stop my heart from doing a little boogie at the thought of Dave and Cheryl together. Dave could do with someone sweet like Cheryl to help him put his Laura-days behind him. And his immature self could also do with a bit sprucing-up from Cheryl. While Cheryl sorely needed all the extra support she could do to get through high school. And I knew nobody better than Dave to give her that comfort and support.

Well, actually I did know someone better.

But he was taken, sorry.

"Are they okay?" I asked, referring to our upset stomach-holders.

"They seemed okay." Sean replied.

"So, I guess they won't be attending the concert?" Cameron mused.

"Nope."

I knew Cheryl's presence was the only thing preventing Cameron from jumping up and giving Sean a high-five.

"Here are your smoothies, people." Alex said, sliding a tray onto the table.

"Thanks, Alex." Almost everyone quipped at the angel who had saved all our lazy asses the effort to go and stand in the line and get our smoothies. Bless his heart.

We all sipped our smoothies in silence after that. Dave kept making annoying slurping noises, for which he was reprimanded sharply by Cheryl. But he kept doing it just to spite her. The look Hayley and I exchanged at that couldn't have been clearer. Our inner fangirls were out with their pom-poms and matching cheerleader outfits.

Go Deryl!

Well just because I had given up playing Cupid, it didn't mean I had also given up coming up with ship-names. That was a hobby I wasn't going to leave till I was buried 6 feet under. Scratch that. Even my ghost would be shipping names as she would haunt the grandchildren of all my school teachers.