Chapter 21- Bowled Over

I threw up. The fast driving had made my stomach spin in circles and now I was familiarizing myself with those damned scrambled eggs more than I'd wanted to.

"Shit!" I heard Cameron exclaim behind me.

I felt his hands on my shoulders, holding me as I puked. He tucked a few loose strands of my hair behind my ears and rubbed my arms.

"I'm so, so sorry, Blue. I didn't mean for this to happen." He murmured.

After I stopped puking, he guided me away and left me. He returned in a few seconds with a water bottle and helped me rinse my mouth, wash my hands and face and then drink some water. He then made me sit in the car (not completely in though, my legs were still dangling out of the open door).

"I'm so sorry Blue." He whispered, cupping my face in his hands, "I was just really angry and the fast driving always helps me let off some steam. I did not anticipate this. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay." I whispered back.

He enveloped me in a warm hug and rubbed my back. That helped a lot. I wrapped my arms around him and stayed there. His lemony scent helped me regain my equilibrium. I buried my face in his shoulder, breathing deeply.

After a few minutes, I let go and said,

"I'm fine. We should go now."

"Are you sure? We can wait if you want. There's no hurry."

"No, lets go. I'm alright."

He looked at me for a second, trying to ascertain whether I was really okay. I was still a little mad at him but then he didn't mean for me to throw up. Contrary to my initial belief, he hadn't been driving fast to spite me. It was his way of letting off some steam. Plus he did help me this time and apologize for everything.

Wow Skye, maybe the award for most easily forgiving as idiot should be given to you.

Ignoring my idiot side, ans with a better mood, I got up, walked over and got in the car from the other side. Cameron took his place and then started driving, at snail's pace.

"Cam, you can drive at the speed you normally drive. I'm fine." I told him.

He set foot on the accelerator and we speeded up a bit. We were still driving a little slower to Cam's normal speed but that was fine.

Cameron drove us to the place where all of us had first met. I brightened up just on the sight of the familiar dingy café.

"I wish I could bring you here one day with you being perfectly alright." Cameron remarked as we walked in.

I grinned. Last time we'd been here I had had a fierce headache, all thanks to Cameron crashing into me on his Razor scooter. And now I had just thrown up a while ago. And still I managed to forgive this guy for everything and cringingly swoon over his personality and charm. Cue the facepalm.

The others were already seated around Sean and Cameron's usual table. I had seen our hatchback cross us during our drive back, after I had thrown up.

"What took you guys so long?" Sean asked as Cameron and I took our seats.

"Uhhh-" Cameron began.

"We got held up. A tire blew." I cut him off.

With Cedric here, it was better that the little speeding incident was our secret. I knew how fiercely protective my brother was of me. And I would prefer seeing Cameron without a black eye.

"Woah, are you guys okay?" Hayley asked.

"Yeah, it didn't like blow up as in completely get torn. A little hole. We detected it in time, thankfully. A replacement and we were okay." Cameron explained.