Chapter 25- I Wish I Could Stop Time

"What's the time, Blue?"

"Its almost 5:30. Why do you keep asking?"

"Shit! Come on, follow me. And hurry up."

Saying that, he jumped up and dashed out of the basement. His face popped back in the doorway a few seconds later when he noticed that I wasn't following him.

"Blue? Are you deaf or retarded?" He asked.

"Where are we going?"

"Why do you ask when you know you're not gonna get an answer out of me? C'mon! I don't wanna miss it!" He said, walking back to where I was sitting.

He grabbed my hand, pulled me up and dragged me after him.

"Miss what?" I whined.

"Just follow me."

I rolled my eyes, and giving up, followed him up the staircase, across the hall and up another flight of stairs. Cameron pulled down the ladder for the attic and we climbed it. But that wasn't it. Once in the attic, he ran to an old, grim, greasy window and somehow pushed it open. Then placing a wooden box below it, he climbed it and was out the window. Though I'm pretty sure I had question marks surrounding my beautiful face, I followed him.

Cameron grabbed my arms as I hoisted myself up and helped my get out of the window.

Both of us were standing on his house's slanting roof. Though his house didn't look big from the outside, we were both standing at quite a height actually.

"Blue, this side." Cameron called and I jogged up to where he was standing, trying to make sure I did not slide down the eaves as I did so.

"We're on time. Phew!" He said.

"Are we here for the sunrise?" I asked, looking at him.

"Why are you so smart, Blue?"

I smiled in reply. It wasn't a very smart thing to realise but just the slightest compliment from him had me blushing.

The sky above us was a lovely lavender colour, darker in places, and lighter in others. The indigo and pink shades complimented the lavender perfectly. It was a breathtaking sight. In front of me, the sky was lighter and a bit orangish. The sun's first rays were peeking from behind the cover of the clouds. I watched the sun rise like a flower blooms, in complete silence.

The beauty of the moment hypnotised me, the magic it cast lured me forward. I stepped ahead slowly, inching towards the sunrise, wanting to catch the sun in my hands.

Absent mindedly, I continued to step forward as I got the first glimpse of the scarlet sun. The sky around it was tinged orange, the colour breaking through the dark indigo that remained. The lavender was being replaced by soft shades of pink, just leaving the space with the scarlet sun.

I felt arms around my waist, holding me in place.

"Stop, Blue. You're gonna fall over if you keep walking."

I was shaken out of my reverie by the sound of Cameron's voice, and the feeling of his warm breath near my ear. I noticed that I was standing a few inches from the edge of the roof, just a tiny ledge standing in the path of me falling over. I looked down and realised that had Cameron not stopped me, I might have walked on and fallen down, right into the embrace of the earth.

I stepped back and into Cameron's arms, shivering at the thought of myself falling over.

"Hush, Blue. Its alright. I won't let you fall." Cameron whispered, tightening his hold around me.