Chapter 36- I'm Sorry, I Just Don't Care About You

The question took me aback. How had I been? Wow. We meet after four years and the first thing my father asked me was how I had been.

"Pretty good. No thanks to you." I said coldly.

"Look, Skye, I know you're upset with me, but please, just hear me out. I didn't wanna leave you. I just...didn't have another choice."

"First, I'm not upset. Not anymore. Second, I am least interested in what you have to say because third, I'm happy you left me. I'm happy because I don't live with people who pretend to love me, like you and Melinda."

Andrew sighed audibly. And then he asked,

"Have Beryl and Rob been keeping you well?"

"They are the most caring parents, because when they say that they love me, they don't lie." I answered.

"I never lied to you when I said I loved you. And neither did Mel. Never. Yes, we both were not so fond of each other, but we were always, we have always been really fond of you."

I scoffed and said, "I saw that fondness in the court four years ago. Neither of you spoke to me again, after the divorce. This is the first time I'm speaking to either one of you in a very long time. You both have forgotten me completely. So, excuse me if I don't believe you right now."

"I don't blame you for being mad, honey."

"Don't call me honey!" I snapped.

"Skye, Mel and I were going through difficult times. With the divorce, it was hard for both of us." Andrew tried again.

"I don't see every divorced couple leaving their kid behind for whoever cared to adopt him or her. Rather I see the couples fight bitter battles in the court for custody. Hard for you? Yeah, right! You didn't give me another thought after you left."

Oddly enough as I said these words, I wasn't bitter. Those feelings of sadness and anger had left me. I was so tired of being mad that I just couldn't be mad anymore.

"I have thought about you a lot, Skye. Sleepless nights I spent thinking about you, worrying about you." Andrew said.

"Its been four years. And in these four bloody years, not one visit, not one call, text, email, letter, or anything else to stay in touch. I could be dead to you guys considering your attitude. So I'll say it again, I don't believe anything you're saying right now."

"But I love you, honey. I do. I love you so much."

I smacked my hand on the table and muttered, "Just shut up."

It was time for the band to perform what they had practiced so hard for.

I heard the familiar snaps from Hayley and the keys from Adam.

"Can we sit somewhere else? These guys are singing pretty loudly." Andrew commented as Hayley started singing.

Before this, the band had performed some random songs on a very low, barely audible volume. But now they had cranked it up. Just what I wanted.

"No, I like the music." I said and turned around in my chair to face the band.

"Why are they staring at us like that?" Andrew asked.

It was true. All of them were glaring at us, actually Andrew. While Sean and Dave wore faint smiles on their faces for me, Adam and Felix glared at Andrew. I smiled internally. Hayley winked at me as she sang.

"I don't know. And I don't care." I lied.

I don't believe, I don't believe it

You left in peace, left me in pieces